chord

Use this forum for information relating to any PSR Keyboard
thru' to S & SX Series of Instruments.

chord

Postby booboo » 26 Jun 2012 16:28

hello i am only a novice at playing my 900 as it is the first one i have ever seen or attempted to play
i am at a loss to a problem. i have today tried to play a couple of chords whilst playing a few notes with the right hand. the chords sound dreadful as though i am pressing 10 buttons at the same time even if i just press one button. i have switched it off and left it for a while but when i switched it back on it still sounds the same.
what am i doing wrong

joan
booboo

Postby Mike Bracchi » 26 Jun 2012 19:17

Hello Joan,

It sounds to me awfully like the chord fingering is set to 'single fingered' which effectively means that you will get a full 3 note chord by simply pressing a single note (a root note) ...

So, to find out what settings your fingering is on we need to do the following:

Turn on the S900 and after it's initialised press the 'function' button on the display panel > in the screen that opens select button 'C' on the left hand side of the screen > then using the 'tab' button (top right of screen) tab to the 3rd screen 'Chord Fingering' > once you have done this you will see in the bottom left of the display a 'Fingering Type' table you need to select 'Multi-Finger' by using the up or down button (#2) directly below the display > then press 'exit' to clear the screen.

If you find that it is or was already set to 'Multi-Finger' ... we will need to look at other possibilities including doing a 'full factory' reset of the instrument ... not quite as horrifying as it sounds :wink:

I will leave it at that for the moment Joan, try this first and we can go through the steps of a reset if needed.

When you select your style and start playing a chord you will need to have the 'Acmp', 'OTS Link' & 'Auto Fill-In' selected with lights (red) on ... then select the 'sync-start' button and as soon as you play a three note chord in the left hand you'll be away
:wink:

Lets hope that sorts it for you, if not get back to me and we'll try and work it out :)
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Postby booboo » 26 Jun 2012 19:33

hello, i will have to take my time and read through this a few times as i am not at all good with anything other than an on off switch. thank you for helping.
booboo

Postby booboo » 28 Jun 2012 17:46

it was set to single fingered, i have now set it to multifinger now with your instructions. it sounds much better now.
thank you for your help.

Joan
booboo

Postby Mike Bracchi » 30 Jun 2012 09:31

booboo wrote:it was set to single fingered, i have now set it to multifinger now with your instructions. it sounds much better now.
thank you for your help.

Joan

Hiya Joan,

Oh that's good news then ... I'm pleased that all is now well and we didn't have to consider doing anything more drastic like a factory reset :wink:

You know where we are if you have any further concerns about your S900 :)
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Return to Yamaha PSR Keyboards