audio.com

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

audio.com

Postby barwonfan » 24 Jun 2023 07:04

I enjoy finding suitable pictures to put up with my songs on audio.com
The Recommended size is 1200 x1200 and a friend told me that is about 8cm
I find most of my pictures , which are Public Domain [ie. free from copyright] on the internet, but I have no idea how to size them.
At the moment I get frustrated as I find what I think is the perfect picture and it turns out to be the wrong size. There must be some tool I can use, to reduce the size. I remember picking pears in a commercial orchard and being given a ring to put over each pear.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Re: audio.com

Postby Hugh-AR » 25 Jun 2023 11:44

JT,

You have got the wrong idea about putting pictures into audio.com. You do not have to have them 1200 x 1200 and you do not have to 're-size' any of the pictures you use before you use them. When I use my own pictures, I use them as taken straight off my mobile, which are 3264 x 1836 (and with my new mobile, 4000 x 2250). And when I use them from pexels.com I use them 'as is'.

Thing is, the audio.com people have done their program in such a way that their program does all the re-sizing without you having to do anything. Their program also has the means whereby you can make the picture 'square' by first expanding the square they give you over your picture to the size of square you want, and then clicking and dragging it over the part of the picture you want to appear.

Read this post. I have explained how to do the whole process. The picture I started with is from an older mobile, so a bit smaller. But the process is the same whatever size of picture you start with.

http://www.tierce-de-picardie.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=11774#p67236

The only two problems I have had is (a) when I can't get the portion of the picture I want into the square, in which case I use another picture. A picture that doesn't have the part you want filling the whole picture is best (ie. the part you want is further back in the picture). And (b) when the picture is far too small to start with eg. it has been sent to me on my mobile by someone who has already reduced it to something like 320 x 180 .. and then it comes out all 'grainy'.

I'm sure that this picture you put up in the June Challenge hasn't turned out as you intended it to.

Do an Edit on this one and try a different picture. You can change any of your pictures you have done for audio.com at any time by using the Edit.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: audio.com

Postby barwonfan » 25 Jun 2023 12:56

Thanks, Hugh. I have fixed up my picture now, and I am very happy with it. I re -read all the notes that you and Dennis and Ron posted and now feel more comfortable with the process. What a great Forum this is!
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter