Has audio.com changed its modus operandi?

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Has audio.com changed its modus operandi?

Postby barwonfan » 28 Dec 2023 06:05

I haven't looked at audio.com for a couple of weeks, and it seems to be less user friendly. Maybe, they have improved it, and I will just have to get my head around it.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Re: Has audio.com changed its modus operandi?

Postby Ron » 28 Dec 2023 15:11

The platform has been redesigned and improved layout etc. Very nice, but it means that my 5 year old iPad is no longer supported forcing me to use a Windows laptop :shock:

Ron
Twin setup: Tyros 3 and Yamaha Piaggero NP-11
Fretless Bass, Fender Bass amp: BXR300C, Trace Elliot Commando 100W

Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2019 May (Joint Winner)
2022 September (Joint Winner)
Ron

Postby barwonfan » 28 Dec 2023 22:40

Thanks, Ron. After reading your comments I have spent some time looking at the new version and now think that it has , indeed been improved. To-day, I was much relieved to find that it is still possible to change the picture which accompanies songs that I posted earlier this year. I want to change my pictures because I would like to use my own photos. I have recently become interested in learning about photography-- I lost all interest in photography when I mucked up loading a film into my Box Brownie Camera in 1954.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 29 Dec 2023 23:28

They have put quite a few things in different places so when you want to do something they are no longer where you expect to find them .. like COPYING or EMBEDDING your music. But everything is still there, somewhere. They have also made you specify right from the word go the CATEGORY your music should be put into (eg. MUSIC). A good idea, as in the early days some people didn't put their uploads into any Category at all.

And another thing .. if you didn't put a PICTURE in you ended up with a blank 'white square'. They now put your PROFILE PICTURE in by 'default' .. so unless you want loads of tracks with your profile picture heading them, it's a good idea to CHANGE that to something more suitable to represent the music.

I am also finding 'loading' the track so you can listen to it a bit of a pain as I quite often get this .. a single line visibly running across the screen from left to right and back again. In this mode, the track will not PLAY.

I find I have to REFRESH the Page .. and then the WAVEFORM shows. In this mode, it plays.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter