Converting You Tube clips to MP3

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Converting You Tube clips to MP3

Postby Michael R » 07 May 2013 11:27

Has anyone used a You Tube to MP3 converter? (I want to be able to copy the sound from some video clips onto my MP3 player)? There are several online, some which you download a programme and other where you simply enter the url from You Tube and you receive a download link for the MP3 file. My concern is that I have never heard of any of these sites, i.e. they are not well known companies. Also, the webpages are full of dodgy looking adverts etc so I'm worried about the possibility of downloading a virus along with my MP3 file!!

Any recommendations would be welcome!

Michael
Michael R

Re: Converting You Tube clips to MP3

Postby Mike Bracchi » 07 May 2013 13:35

Hello Michael,

I don't know what browser your are using on your PC but I use 'chrome' and I have got a 'tube to mp3' chrome extension which is both safe and convenient to use .... I also have 'realplayer plus' which includes a video/mp3 downloader just with a single click.

If you have chrome, pop into settings and then extensions and then you can search for exactly what you want by following the link 'get more extensions' :wink:

Or visit here .... https://chrome.google.com/webstore/cate ... s?hl=en-GB

All the best.
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Postby Michael R » 07 May 2013 13:49

Thanks Mike. I'll check these out. Looks like a better option than these websites with lots of pop ups etc
Michael
Michael R

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 07 May 2013 14:42

Hi

Both sound interesting. I've used Real Player (the basic, free version) to download videos for use in church (legally!) and Format Factory to convert them to a format that our presentation software can recognize. Personally I'd be more interested in You Tube to WAV conversion to maintain quality - the You Tube audio is already compressed and adding another layer of compression could lead to audible artifacts.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby Wally Gator » 07 May 2013 15:17

I just read that Audacity will do it. I Googled Audacity YouTube to Mp3. Audacity is free software downloadable from their website.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Michael R » 07 May 2013 17:34

Thanks to everyone who replied. Rather than installing programmes or changing browsers, I found this website

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

You simply copy and paste an url from You Tube and you get a download link for an MP3 converted file. Works well!

Thanks again everyone

Michael
Michael R

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter