MIKE under the weather.

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

MIKE under the weather.

Postby jackoj » 28 May 2014 13:47

If you are wondering why Mike has not been posting of late, I feel you should know he has not been well of late, and will be seeing his doctor Thursday.29th.( I hope you don't mind me posting this Mike,) :) but had a few enquiries and thought I would let the forum know. get well soon mate. All the best. jackoj. :) :)
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 January (Joint Winner); February (Joint Winner)
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Re: MIKE under the weather.

Postby JohnT » 28 May 2014 14:25

Hi Jack Thanks for letting me know. Hope he gets well soon. All the best to him for a speedy recovery. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Wally Gator » 28 May 2014 15:13

Thanks for the info Jackoj. Will keep Mike in our prayers for a quick recovery and hope it's nothing serious.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Jon D » 28 May 2014 21:20

Hi there Jacko,
Have just seen your notice about Mike thank you for keeping all of us informed hope Mike gets better soon we are thinking about him cheers pal. 8) 8) 8)
Jon D. :D :D :D
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 29 May 2014 07:54

Get well soon Mike.

Brian
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby mygrandadspa » 29 May 2014 09:28

hope you get well soon mike dealing with docs and hospitals is never easy my friend so we are keeping every thing crossed for you cheers malcolm
mygrandadspa

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 29 May 2014 10:01

Get well soon Mike. You're missed here.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby Eileen » 29 May 2014 14:36

Thank you for letting us know Jackoj. Hi Mike I hope you are soon feeling much better.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 29 May 2014 18:10

Hi John, JohnT, Wally, Jon, Brian, Malcolm, Tony & Eileen ...

Thank you all for your get-well wishes - I am feeling a little better today :) I went to see my doctor this morning and it appears that I am 'clinically depressed' ... he reckons a change of medication and 6 months in an asylum will sort me out ... wasn't too happy about the pills bit :wink:

It looks like you have had a busy time on the boards ... I will have to 'stay away' more often :D I have got some catching up to do for sure.

All the best for now ...

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Postby JohnT » 29 May 2014 18:40

Hi Mike. Pleased you are all sorted out. I think the way I feel some days I might join you. Can I bring a keyboard. Keep taking the tablets. John
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby jackoj » 29 May 2014 20:37

Hi Mike,
Pleased you are feeling much better mate, I think we all go through stages of depression in our life but I believe if you keep busy and keep contact with your friends you will overcome the misery of depression, always look on the bright side of life :lol: is that a cue for a song :lol: :lol: Take care Mike ATB. jackoj. :) :) :) :D
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby Wally Gator » 30 May 2014 04:02

'clinically depressed' I usually get depressed when I go to the clinic also. Must be chemical imbalance. Not enough beer. How can such a nice person as you are be depressed? Take care, Mike and I'm glad you're feeling better.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Brian007 » 30 May 2014 07:27

Hi Mike.
Been through this once myself, look to the future not the past
As you cant change the past but you can shape your future.

Brian :)
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby andyg » 30 May 2014 10:13

Sorry to hear that you're not your usual self and I hope that things will soon pick up.

Those of us who you've kindly made moderators will do our level best to keep the rest of them in order during any absences! :D
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Image .. Image
Visit My Website: http://www.andrew-gilbert.com/
andyg
Super Poster

Postby Michael R » 30 May 2014 12:27

Hi Mike. I hope you begin to feel a little better before too long.

I HAVE DELETED THE REMAINDER OF THIS POST DUE TO WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE OFFENSIVE REMARKS IN REPLY TO IT BY ANOTHER MEMBER.

You have my sincere best wishes with your recovery Mike. I hope it occurs soon :D

Michael
Michael R

Postby VinceB » 31 May 2014 07:56

Hello Mike

It was good to speak to you the other day on the old dog and bone. You didn't tell me that the Doc said you should spend 6 months in an asylum! I told you years ago that you should have been put away!

Anyway mate its good to hear that you are doing something about it, and as said in the previous message, take the tablets the Vet gave you.They wont do you any good left in the packet like some of those other pills you have been prescribed!

Speak soon

Vince
VinceB

Postby mygrandadspa » 31 May 2014 08:59

greetings mike tis nice to see you are on the mend and be assured that the mods and rest of us rockers old and young (including me) will look after the forum until you get your feet under the desk and your butt in the big chair again cheers malcolm
mygrandadspa

Postby Wally Gator » 31 May 2014 16:40

Michael R wrote:Hi Mike. I hope you begin to feel a little better before too long.

Can I just make a point for any well wishers who may say things like "What are you depressed about?" Or, "Think positive!" Or "Try and focus on the good things in your life" etc etc.

Many people do not understand depression at all. True clincal depression is an illness and needs treatment. It's not the same as feeling a bit fed up with life (which many people may describe as 'depression' when they have these feelings).

'Talking therapies' alone are of little use with clinical depression. People should never feel reluctant to take antidepressants, or worse still, advise someone with depression not to take them!! It's a bit like telling someone with diabetes not to take their insulin. "Just think positive and your blood sugar levels will return to normal"!!! - I don't think so!!!

It's also very important for anyone given antidepressants to give them time to work. They usually take at least 2-3 weeks before they have any noticeable affect. And if they aren't helping after a few weeks, a doctor will usually consider changing them. What works for one person may not work for another and there are many different antidepressants available.

I was a Senior Charge Nurse in Mental Health before my back gave in and I had to retire early, so I've spent almost a lifetime in dealing with depression and various other mental illnesses. And, I've had episodes of it myself, which gave me a much better insight into the condition than anything I learned in my Nurse Training!!!

I don't know Mike personally but I'm sure he'll appreciate knowing that people are thinking of him and hoping he gets better soon etc. But well meaning words of 'advice' can often be irritating to receive! I think Mike may just need to given time for his treatment to work and will be 'back' here when he feels ready.

Michael

I deleted my post here because of a complaint by Michael that it hurt his feelings. I ordinarily wouldn't do this but I thought in this case I would since my apology wasn't accepted. I promise I will not critique any more of his statements or music in the future for fear of the same response. End of story.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Ray2 » 31 May 2014 19:24

Hi Mike, I am not writing to offer you any advice. I just hope that you get better soon.
All the best, Ray.
Ray2

Postby Michael R » 31 May 2014 19:52

Wally, I find your remarks deeply hurtful and offensive. I didn't suggest that anyone HAD tried to play down the seriousness of depression, merely some words of advice, which people could choose to take notice of or ignore, based on a lifetime of experience in this subject. My sole intention was to just maybe be of some help to Mike as I know exactly what it feels like to be in his position, from BOTH sides of the fence.

I really don't see why you felt the need to make your offensive comments. I will delete the post and will not post again on this forum. I hope that satisfies you?!!

Michael
Michael R

Postby Wally Gator » 31 May 2014 23:37

Michael R wrote:Wally, I find your remarks deeply hurtful and offensive. I didn't suggest that anyone HAD tried to play down the seriousness of depression, merely some words of advice, which people could choose to take notice of or ignore, based on a lifetime of experience in this subject. My sole intention was to just maybe be of some help to Mike as I know exactly what it feels like to be in his position, from BOTH sides of the fence.

I really don't see why you felt the need to make your offensive comments. I will delete the post and will not post again on this forum. I hope that satisfies you?!!

Michael

I apologize if I offended you. That wasn't my intention. I just thought it was strange for someone to tell people not to make remarks about depression and then turn around and give a dissertation on the subject. I also apologize to Mike for this getting exaggerated. Michael if you want to leave the forum that's your choice, even though it's a silly one. I really don't think any of my remarks were offensive or at least not meant to be. You take care, and stick around by all means.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Michael R » 01 Jun 2014 13:37

I didn't really want to say anything else as I feel it's disrespectful to the spirit of the original post about Mike's illness.

However, I feel I need to say that firstly, Wally, you edited your post and deleted the most offensive part of it, thereby making it look like I didn't really have reason to be hurt and offended.

Secondly, nowhere did I talk about leaving the forum. I simply said I would not post any more. That way, I can't be offended by rude replies. I've never been a prolific poster on here but really enjoy visiting the forum and reading the content, particularly the nostalgic organ posts as I was a late starter and don't remember many of the old organs/keyboards.

I apologise to all the nice people on here if I have disrupted this thread and again offer my best wishes to Mike, as was the intention of my original post.

Michael
Michael R

Postby Wally Gator » 01 Jun 2014 15:58

Michael R wrote:I didn't really want to say anything else as I feel it's disrespectful to the spirit of the original post about Mike's illness.

However, I feel I need to say that firstly, Wally, you edited your post and deleted the most offensive part of it, thereby making it look like I didn't really have reason to be hurt and offended.

Secondly, nowhere did I talk about leaving the forum. I simply said I would not post any more. That way, I can't be offended by rude replies. I've never been a prolific poster on here but really enjoy visiting the forum and reading the content, particularly the nostalgic organ posts as I was a late starter and don't remember many of the old organs/keyboards.

I apologise to all the nice people on here if I have disrupted this thread and again offer my best wishes to Mike, as was the intention of my original post.

Michael

Did it occur to you that I may have deleted it because you found it offensive? Since you're obviously not going to accept my apology I guess I'm just wasting my time. Perhaps there are underlying issues here. I sincerely hope you continue to post on the forum since all opinions including mine are a part of it.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby dragon » 01 Jun 2014 16:57

I feel it might be time for the Moderators to draw a line under this topic. The idea was to help and encourage Mike, not start a pointless slanging match. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby jackoj » 01 Jun 2014 17:17

Hi Michael and Wally,
I am asking you to please shake hands and lets call a halt to this issue, I am a moderator but only for the performance sections, so I might be classed as being to meddling, however I`m sure you guy`s will agree. Thanks for supporting my post and sending best wishes to Mike. ATB. jackoj.
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby jackoj » 02 Jun 2014 14:02

Hi All,
Thought I would give you a heads up on Mike`s situation, I have just had a reply PM from him and the situation is:- taking his medication, feels sleepy all the time, (probably side effects) and was saying how pleased he is the way the forum is steadily growing and is longing to get back to full fitness. Thanks to all for best wishes. That`s it for now mates. ATB. jackoj. :) :)
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby gerso » 02 Jun 2014 14:47

Hi Mike.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Looking forward to reading all your comments
on the great stuff that's been posted during your absence. It's bound to cheer you up.

All the best mate. Gerry. 8) :)
gerso

Postby dragon » 02 Jun 2014 15:17

This is the sort of good news we need. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 03 Jun 2014 09:39

Hi

Pleased to hear you're feeling a bit better Mike. Side effects of tablets can be a real problem (as I know only too well), but don;t stop taking them too quickly!

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 03 Jun 2014 09:46

Wotcha folks,

Got up this morning with a spring in my step ... which certainly beats waking up under a black cloud as I have been doing recently :)

Thank you all for your kind words of support and well wishes ... I'm going to try and catch-up on a few posts today - you have all been busy making music and I'm looking forward to enjoying a listen :)

I would also like to thank John (jackoj) for his help by keeping an eye on things for me ... you and the forum are in safe hands :D Thank you John :D

All the best ....

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 04 Jun 2014 10:14

Good news Mike. Don't overdo it - and enjoy what you do feel like doing.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby jackoj » 04 Jun 2014 18:54

Hi Mike,
Glad to have you back feeling a bit better and thanks for the pat on the back, don't over do things mate, we wouldn't want you to relapse. Take care my friend, ATB. jackoj. :D :D :D :D
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby PaulaD » 05 Jun 2014 16:31

good luck Mike
Paula :D
PaulaD

Postby Mike Bracchi » 07 Jun 2014 10:47

:( :( Well the good days didn't last very long I'm afraid .. back in the dark again ...

I have got an appointment for the 'sleep-unit' at East Grinstead hospital next week to see if this tiredness is my OSA getting worse ... I'm sorta hoping that my CPAP machine is loosing it's effectiveness ... hopefully they will change the unit for a more updated one ... I'm not sure what the life of these things are but mine has been working overtime for the past 6 years.

On-top of this something is causing me to feel anxious all the time ... hopefully things have got to start improving soon :(

I apologize for the lack of activity on my part, but I'm really not up to it at the moment ... I find it difficult to concentrate, nothing seems to hold my attention for more than a few minutes these days :roll:

Just thought I would give you an update ...

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Eileen » 07 Jun 2014 12:54

Hi Mike,
So sorry to hear you are under the weather again. As you know Ray has SA and has to have his machine checked and re-adjusted if needed every year. He has to cart all the way up to the Brompton in London If you are not sleeping properly that can make you feel really awful after a while. I do hope you are soon back to your old self.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Next

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter