YKE (Steve Selwood's site) Closed Down ....

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

YKE (Steve Selwood's site) Closed Down ....

Postby Mike Bracchi » 28 Aug 2014 18:09

Steve Selwood's YKE seems to have been closed-up ... strange that it should vanish so shortly after a senior moderator pulled out .... another shed load of disappointed forum users left in the dark .... I do wish the people who start these sites would start thinking less of their own egos and more of the members that it affects when they throw it in without reasonable notice ... :( :(

Once again we'll have to wait and see what transpires .... Their facebook page seems to still be on-line, but it somehow looks different

The domain name seems to be now owned by 1&1 My Website ... this is usually an indication that the fees have not been paid. I wonder if he'll give the hundreds of pounds of donation cash he was sitting on back? I doubt it ...

:roll:

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: YKE (Steve Selwood's site) Closed Down ....

Postby Eileen » 28 Aug 2014 22:27

Yes Mike,
There once again seemed to be rumblings of discontent on the site. We must see if it comes back again with yet another name but I think the members will be disgusted that they were given no warning of the closure.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Wally Gator » 29 Aug 2014 01:35

This isn't the same Yahoo that was on this forum pretending to be a girl is it?
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby jackoj » 29 Aug 2014 07:58

Surely this is a big hoax or mistake, because if true there are going to be one hell of a lot of people with anger to vent. The price of trust in this case is mighty high. Like all I will be waiting anxiously. jackoj.
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 January (Joint Winner); February (Joint Winner)
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 29 Aug 2014 09:28

Wally Gator wrote:This isn't the same Yahoo that was on this forum pretending to be a girl is it?

:lol: :lol:

No ..... but, you could be forgiven for thinking that they were related :wink:

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby jackoj » 29 Aug 2014 10:39

There is one thing that has put a bit of hummer into the debate and that is the GlasCOW :lol: :lol: :lol:
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 January (Joint Winner); February (Joint Winner)
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby Fred » 29 Aug 2014 11:00

I think it just shows how much actual respect there is for the members - Zilch

To simply close the forum in this way because a few members expressed their support for the person who resigned is beyond belief.

I think many members who have reserved their place at the next get together, will loose there deposit and real very angry. I don't think it will bounce back and maybe that maybe a good thing. The very least that Steve should have done is to post a notice on the site before the closure or at least put a notice similar to what people do when a site is down for maintenance.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby bud2 » 29 Aug 2014 16:27

I actually just pooped in on that forum on Tuesday and did not notice anything nasty that was happening, but I did only look at a couple of things, one I was showing someone the HP Slate 21 which was, I think started on there, so those people who had taken an interest in this don't have anywhere to discuss any problems or queries regarding the imminent software update of MobileSheets, which is what it was mainly about.
Very sad and has been said already a lot of angry people I would imagine.
Cheers, Bill :?
Regards, Bill.

Tyros 5/NP30 Twinset

bud2
Active Poster

Postby Eileen » 29 Aug 2014 17:15

This is now on the Facebook page

This is to announce to all members that Yamaha Keyboard Enthusiasts closed permanently yesterday, 28th August 2014. As this happened without any warning, a number of members and anyone else interested, can be found on PSR Tutorial. Those members who have made bookings at Millers Hotel, Sibson, Warwickshire for April 2015 will need to contact the hotel to cancel their bookings.

Sounds like someone did not like some of its members going to the American PSR site and posting there songs.

With the attitude of the owner of the site I am surprised it lasted this long.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Eddie Smart » 29 Aug 2014 18:24

I wonder what happened over there I went to logon and got some website selling hosting time, Ive never posted my music on that site as it seemed to me that they were always trying to outdo each other,as mike has previously mentioned it was all about egos,also lately it became very commercially orientated, and it was slow and a difficult site to find your way around. I can't say i'm surprised there was a bust up on there there were way to many cooks stirring the soup so it was only a matter of time before they start falling out with each other. The owner of the site couldn't cope with any sort of resistance to his ideas or criticism of the website even if it was clearly for the good of the members. its a repetition of the other forum that vanished over night earlier this year.

Eddie.
Eddie Smart

Postby joso » 29 Aug 2014 19:01

Hi

Eddie Smart wrote:I wonder what happened over there I went to logon and got some website selling hosting time, Ive never posted my music on that site as it seemed to me that they were always trying to outdo each other,as mike has previously mentioned it was all about egos,also lately it became very commercially orientated, and it was slow and a difficult site to find your way around. I can't say i'm surprised there was a bust up on there there were way to many cooks stirring the soup so it was only a matter of time before they start falling out with each other. The owner of the site couldn't cope with any sort of resistance to his ideas or criticism of the website even if it was clearly for the good of the members. its a repetition of the other forum that vanished over night earlier this year.

Eddie.

Well said.
App. a year ago I made some proposals for a simpler and more logical User Interface layout.
I got a nasty answer from the Admin (can't remember the exact words, but somthing like): "As you obviously not like the site I have terminated your membership."
Well, life goes on... :D

Regards
Jørgen
joso
Active Poster

Postby Ron » 30 Aug 2014 08:55

I have already been ejected from 1 forum that disappeared overnight earlier this year.

It is only now that my posts here have increased with always the fear that my comments might raise hackles somewhere and I would again be terminated.

There will always be differences in opinions etc on all forums but there seem to be a few really sad people on music forums these days. Not on this one I might add !

Life goes on fortunately with or without forums.

Regards,

Ron
Twin setup: Tyros 3 and Yamaha Piaggero NP-11
Fretless Bass, Fender Bass amp: BXR300C, Trace Elliot Commando 100W

Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2019 May (Joint Winner)
2022 September (Joint Winner)
Ron

Postby Brian007 » 30 Aug 2014 10:11

For the benefit of people ( me ) who don't have a clue about witch forums have gone in the last year or so , would some one like to name and shame them as otherwise I don't have a clue what's going on ?

Brian
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 30 Aug 2014 10:31

A few years back I was on a model railway forum that had to be closed due to death threats to the owner and his family. The police had to be involved. This was just a dispute about differing brands of models. Don't some people take their hobbies a bit too seriously? .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby keyboardplayer » 30 Aug 2014 17:29

Huh, i got chucked off his site the last time he threw his toys from the pram over my support for Eileens unfair treatment. Like that other half-wit he has given nobody the opportunity to enquire why the site closed, he has even gone to the trouble of removing the contact link on his personal website along with removing the guestbook presumeably so nobody can leave any messages. no doubt there will be a possy of members gunning for him over fees. never did like him :lol:

KBP
keyboardplayer

Postby SysExJohn » 31 Aug 2014 10:54

His LinkedIn page is still there.

I know looks can be deceptive, but I asked myself the question I always do "would you buy a used car from this man?"
I'll leave you to guess the answer. ;)

John.
SysExJohn
Active Poster

Postby Eileen » 31 Aug 2014 16:03

Well apparently Two of his moderators left last week and one together with a former member have started up a music forum.
This is probably why the plug was pulled so fast to get rid of the data base hence no way to get hold of former members.
All leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Wally Gator » 01 Sep 2014 01:50

Deja vu!
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby joso » 01 Sep 2014 14:18

Hi

The admin's website http://www.steveselwood.com/ is now under maintenance.

Maybe he will start yet another forum... third time lucky... :lol: :lol:

Jørgen
joso
Active Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 01 Sep 2014 15:05

joso wrote:Hi

The admin's website http://www.steveselwood.com/ is now under maintenance.

Maybe he will start yet another forum... third time lucky... :lol: :lol:

Jørgen

Hi Jørgen,

I bet there would still be those who would flock back to him as if nothing ever happened :roll:

I mean, look how many times people did it with CraftyMusic ... I was ostracized over my outspoken warnings about that site's administrator ... it was only after 3 (or was it 4) mass deletions and data losses did the members 'wake up and smell the coffee' :?

I can name a long list of those affected by the above example who now no longer participate in any keyboard forum activity whatsoever .... what did they ever do wrong to deserve that treatment ... nothing!

Selwood n Osbourne ... two peas in a pod :twisted:

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby SysExJohn » 02 Sep 2014 17:58

And the 'oz' is a global moderator on PSR tutorials!
SysExJohn
Active Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter