National Organ SX-2500A

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

National Organ SX-2500A

Postby papadeedee » 25 Aug 2015 16:34

Hi All,
I saw this little organ on ebay. I won't be bidding on it but it looks a tidy little organ and wondered if anyone (Mike) could tell me a bit about it, especially how it sounds.
Info on it says - matsushita electric industrial co. Japan. :?:
Brian D
Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Re: National Organ SX-2500A

Postby andyg » 25 Aug 2015 16:56

Haven't seen one of these since about 1977/78! Played by National's demo team - Brian Lake and the 'lovely Sonia'. The National brand was originally brought in by Southern Organs, the name later changed to Panasonic, and then finally to Technics (going 'upmarket' each time!) And all three of these are brand names of the parent company Matsushita.

Alas, this one was designed before the Japanese started producing 'Western' sounding organs. That was just about to happen. So this one, though it looks good and is built to a very high standard, it sounds very thin - typical early 70s Japanese sound. :(
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Image .. Image
Visit My Website: http://www.andrew-gilbert.com/
andyg
Super Poster

Re: National Organ SX-2500A

Postby papadeedee » 25 Aug 2015 18:26

Thanks for the info Andy, :D :D I liked the look of the layout and it appeared to have a very playable simplicity about it. I haven't any more room in my house but sometime in the future I may sort out my fairly large garden hut and get one or two different makes of organ to try out.
As you know, it is easy to pick up some real nice classics for next to nothing. I have two very able sons who could help with uplift so I could hire a van and get two or three all in the one day. (Just a thought at present though.)
Cheers,
Brian D
Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter