Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band

Postby papadeedee » 29 Sep 2015 19:18

I saw them twice in Glasgow. (the same line up) You either love them or hate them. I loved them.

Captain Beefheart went on to become a very successful artist. Sadly he is no longer with us;

The drummer is Art Tripp, believe it or not, a very acomplished percussionist (In 1962, Tripp enrolled at the Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music to study percussion. His private teacher at the conservatory, Ed Weubold, was a percussionist with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (CSO). Tripp became a regular member of the CSO, performing with artists such as Igor Stravinsky, Isaac Stern, Leonard Rose, Jose Iturbi, Loren Hollender and Arthur Fiedler. In 1966)

His rock pedigree includes playing with Frank Zappa and here he is with Captain Beefheart in 1972.
He is now Dr. Tripp . He attended chiropractic school in Los Angeles at the Cleveland Chiropractic College, where he attained both his Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Chiropractic degrees.

Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Re: Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band

Postby VAL7JEAN » 05 Oct 2015 11:56

nothing to do about the 'magic' band but this column is static - NO entries since September 29th.
Wonder if there is a reason?
VAL7JEAN

Re: Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band

Postby papadeedee » 05 Oct 2015 13:05

Maybe members don't have anything to add at present, who knows ?
To try to stimulate interest, I just post up what I find a bit different and hope others enjoy it. Some posts get a lot of response others not so much.
Brian D
Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter