Brian Auger Concert.

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Brian Auger Concert.

Postby papadeedee » 06 Nov 2015 15:50

I was at the Brian Auger concert last night. The vocalist was Alex Ligertwood formely of Santana.
It was an excellent show. Brian Auger is a great hammond organist and did not disappoint.
Everything was crystal clear, I could hear every word the vocalist sang. The Balance was perfect. I have never heard a live performance as clear as this one.
Must have been a combination of brilliant acoustics and expert sound engineers.
The encore was unusual as Alex Stigwood is originally from Glasgow, He along with Brian sang "I Belong to Glasgow"
Although I never noticed at the time because everything sounded just great, it ocurred to me this morning and I am not sure but I don't think Brian used a Leslie Speaker.
Brian D
Although not taken from last nights show, the following is the number they finished their set with.
Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Re: Brian Auger Concert.

Postby Brian007 » 07 Nov 2015 08:49

Hi Brian D.

Great video, think there a lesile being used in the video, if not a real one a very good simulator, like the Neo vent 2

Brian007 :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Michael R » 07 Nov 2015 12:39

Hi, I'm a big Brian Auger fan and I have mentioned previously on here that I have 2 DVDs of his, one a tuition and one a concert. Brian says on here that he never uses a Leslie or a Leslie simulator. Hard to believe, but all he use is the standard Hammond vibrato on the B3!! Amazing sound and an amazing player!!

That's Brian's son, Karma on the drums by the way!

Michael
Michael R

Postby papadeedee » 07 Nov 2015 13:17

Hi Michael,
Thanks for the info, one of the things I love about the Hammond is hearing the Leslie crank up to full speed but on this occasion the playing was superb and it never ocurred to me that a Leslie wasn't used. Far be it from me to critisise Brian Augers judgement but I do now wonder if a Leslie would make his sound even more impressive. Leslie or not, he is Brilliant.
Brian D
Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter