RIP Brian Sharp

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

RIP Brian Sharp

Postby Mike Bracchi » 20 Jan 2016 19:50

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that Brian Sharp passed away earlier today after a battle with cancer. He was 78 years old.
The funeral will be for family and close friends only and has yet to be arranged.

Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: RIP Brian Sharp

Postby andyg » 20 Jan 2016 22:16

Another great has passed away. I think you all know how much I respected Brian as a musician, friend and colleague. He was one of my 'idols' from when I started out, whom I met and 'clicked' with straight away when he was doing a Gulbransen demo in Worthing one cold winter's evening in 1971. I didn't know that night that I would be working with him closely just six years later, and that we'd even tour Japan together.

There are many, many tales I could tell - and probably will at some point - all good memories, some hilarious.

If Klaus Wunderlich was the 'uncrowned king of the electronic organ' over on the continent, I think there are many who would say that Brian held that title over here. He pioneered the orchestral style of playing and his multi-tracking was immaculately done. I learnt a lot from listening to him play on recordings and in concert.

I haven't seen him for many years and I had heard through the grapevine that he wasn't at all well. So I'm not totally surprised to hear the news of his passing, but it's still a shock to the system.

RIP Brian, I will be one of many, many people who will miss you greatly.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Image .. Image
Visit My Website: http://www.andrew-gilbert.com/
andyg
Super Poster

Postby kens » 20 Jan 2016 22:36

So sad. Brian played for us many times here at Bristol. Well remember first visit when he disappeared during the mid evening break. You can guess where we found him. His refreshment improved the performance and his jovial approach always won us over. Sadly missed Ken
Organ: Yamaha EL700
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2023 August (Joint Winner)
kens
Prolific Poster

Postby royofherts » 21 Jan 2016 12:31

So sorry to hear of Brian's passing ,We heard him play on a visit to blackpool, he was a great character. Roy
royofherts
Super Poster

Postby Jon D » 23 Jan 2016 14:37

Hi there Sorry to hear Brian Sharp has passed away one of our great players my sympathy to his family.

Jon D.
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter