New Lowrey Organ: The Marquee

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

New Lowrey Organ: The Marquee

Postby Mike Bracchi » 15 Mar 2016 21:59

Due for release mid 2016 ......

Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: New Lowrey Organ: The Marquee

Postby andyg » 15 Mar 2016 22:08

So what's 'new' from the Marquee that people spent a lot of money on last year? I can't see anything, and the EX5000 brochure is still the same. If they have upgraded it internally, I do hope they'll let existing owners update theirs at a reasonable cost - or no cost it they've only just bought one!

Pity they couldn't get Chariots of Fire correct, too!
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Image .. Image
Visit My Website: http://www.andrew-gilbert.com/
andyg
Super Poster

Postby VAL7JEAN » 15 Mar 2016 22:46

One CANNOT update to the MARQUEE from previous models such as the LIBERTY or before of that series
VAL7JEAN

Postby andyg » 16 Mar 2016 15:18

Yes, I know that. My meaning is that I hope existing Marquee owners can upgrade if the organ has in fact been upgraded after only a few months in production. Roland did that several times with the Atelier series and Yamaha more recently with the Stagea, although that's after a long production run. Wersi too, with OAS to OAX being available - albeit at quite some cost.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Image .. Image
andyg
Super Poster

Postby VAL7JEAN » 16 Mar 2016 15:54

Think what I am saying is, when the question was asked, what can be transferred from the MARQUEE to say the LIBERTY, the answer was nothing as it has a new and different operating system.
It would be nice if owners of earlier LVO's could benefit from the MARQUEE.
See the LIBERTY is still current, so Lowrey might still be able to sell a few especially with the MARQUEE around £40,000.
Does Kawaii have any control over Lowrey? These expensive models seem to be rolled out every year.
VAL7JEAN

Postby andyg » 16 Mar 2016 16:51

Kawai ultimately do control Lowrey's destiny, yes. But from the outset in 1988 when they took over, Kawai said that Lowrey was going to be run independently. OK, the internals of all Lowreys have been Kawai-made since then, but things like the voicing, style programming and cabinet design were initially 100% USA (though I still have nagging feeling they nicked some of my Kawai sounds in the first NT series!). What the balance is now, I couldn't tell you.

As long as there are decent profits, Lowrey will continue. If that should change, then expect Kawai to pull the plug fairly quickly. With Lowrey's pricing, I'd imagine those profits will be there until such times as they reach market saturation, with no more well-heeled people willing to pay the high prices.

Image .. Image
andyg
Super Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter