Testing a YouTube Video using HTML instead of Flash

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Testing a YouTube Video using HTML instead of Flash

Postby Hugh-AR » 01 Mar 2020 19:13

I have set up a youtube2 BBCode for doing Embedded YouTube Videos. The BBCode is showing over the top of the posting box. I have used HTML code rather than Flash code to embed the video. I have used the youtube2 BBCode for the embedded video below.

Here's hoping!

Looks as though it's working!

Now, the question is .. is there anybody who can't see this picture (ie. you just see a blank screen)? If you can't see it, please do a POSTREPLY below and let me know.

Hugh

PS. Please note that the youtube2 BBCode will disappear shortly .. so don't use it! Use the youtube BBCode as normal. I will shortly change the instruction for this from Flash to HTML and any video you put up will show as normal using the new BBCode.
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Testing a YouTube Video using HTML instead of Flash

Postby Brian007 » 02 Mar 2020 08:21

Hi Hugh,

Well done you, certainly working for me using chrome as of 8:20 am today

All the best, Brian007 :D :D :D :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 02 Mar 2020 10:35

Hi all,

I have now changed the 'instruction' for embedding YouTube Videos .. [youtube][/youtube] .. from the Shockwave Flash one to the new HTML one.

As far as I can tell, all the videos in our TDP Forum are now working retrospectively. So just carry on as usual when you want to put up a YouTube Video.

Posting a YouTube Video into the Forum

Get the YouTube video you want to put into your post up on screen. Once you are sure you are watching the right one, pause it (it's easier to concentrate!). Click on the SHARE, underneath. Click COPY in the drop-down box, which will copy the youtu.be address to your clipboard.

Place your cursor in the posting box where you want your video to appear. Click the youtube BBCode above the posting box. The following will appear in your post: [youtube][/youtube], with the cursor flashing in between. You now need to PASTE what is on your clipboard to where the cursor is flashing. You can do that either by doing a right-click with your mouse and then choosing Paste from the drop-down box (left-click on it); or by holding down the Ctrl on your computer's keypad, and pressing the letter V (Ctrl + V). You then need to remove the https://youtu.be/ so place your cursor just to the right of that 'slash' and 'backspace' until you have removed all the above. Stop when you get to the right hand bracket of [youtube]. You will then just be left with the letters/numbers from the address.

Click Submit under the posting box. The embedded video should appear.

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 02 Mar 2020 11:01

What I am finding now we have this new way of embedding our videos is that I am now able to view the videos as 'embedded' ones on my Windows XP desktop computer. Previously, all I got for all our videos was:

.. but now they show up as they should, with the red arrow in the box to click on.

Hugh

PS. I still can't listen to BOX LINKS on my XP computer as nothing shows on the page to click on.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter