Internet Radio

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Internet Radio

Postby Brian007 » 18 Mar 2020 18:02

Hi All ,

There are loads of radio stations on the internet but sometimes its hard to find them , so here is one to start you off and if you find any why not post them here
it will fill a bit of time in for all of us if and when it comes to lock down.

Right click and open in a new tab

https://www.mixcloud.com/lee-howard3/if-youre-bored-fed-up-and-naffed-off-have-a-listen-in-to-lee-howards-no1-70s-show-17032020/?fbclid=IwAR2gEIlt2yPV1c6h2wlWW3KOBdw5XSGK6r90evuDPoVbCOZ-tUYvh3c5hYg

All the Best Brian007

Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: Internet Radio

Postby Hugh-AR » 18 Mar 2020 18:39

Thanks for that Brian. I meet so many retired people (well, not just now .. I'm going back a bit) who say that having stopped work they are bored out of their minds. Some go and volunteer for something to keep themselves busy. Funnily enough, I have never had that problem. There aren't enough hours in a day for me. Trying to find things on the internet that may be of interest and posting them in the Forum; listening to music and videos that Members have posted (thanks Brian for your What are you listening to Now); setting up Registrations on my AR so I can play something; making a Video for YouTube etc. I had wanted to put my Somewhere Over The Rainbow up on YouTube but couldn't find any rainbows! Now Brian has come in and helped .. pointed me in the right direction to find some rainbows.

And now I have another suggestion for something you may like to do if we are under 'Stay at home' orders for the next few months. Bronwyn and I are very keen on Jigsaws, but seldom find the time to do them. So we have set one up (1,000 pieces) on our lounge table, have sorted out and put together the outside edge, and will be working on it for the next few days. Our son and daughter-in-law (and granddaughters, aged 15 and 17 .. who as from Friday will no longer be going to school) have also asked us for some jigsaws (we have collected quite a few of them over the years), so I have hunted some out for them. They are getting fish and chips for us on Friday (so we don't have to leave the house) and we shall put the jigsaws out for them to collect then.

Just rabbiting on a bit! You could do a jigsaw whilst listening to Brian's Radio. Anything to take our minds off it all.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 19 Mar 2020 07:56

Hi Hugh,

Under normal circumstances I dont listen to the radio a lot as being of a certain age I find it hard to find anything that is really to my taste
but internet radio has a lot of very genre specific stations were I can usually find something to my taste and what I like

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 19 Mar 2020 08:22

Hi Hugh and Brian. Sometimes use the radio and Alexa for music. We are also going to do jigsaws, perhaps do our art which we did a few years ago. Lots to do in the garden. Keep in touch. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 19 Mar 2020 11:04

Hi John T.

I suppose anything is better than sitting bored, cant stand day time TV so that out for me anyway as the weathers fine I will do some extra dog walking
cant imagine being confined to the house for any length of time .

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 19 Mar 2020 12:09

I shall go for a short drive tomorrow, just to get out of the bungalow for a while. I have no intention to get out of the car. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 19 Mar 2020 17:55

Hi All,

Here`s a site that list a lot of free internet radio stations , Right click and select new TAB
https://internetradiouk.com

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter