Yamaha's Mike Ketley Announces Retirement

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Yamaha's Mike Ketley Announces Retirement

Postby Mike Bracchi » 04 Dec 2012 22:39

I saw this in the Musical Instrument Industry News - I remember Ketley when he was working for the Leslie Speaker division of Hammond UK ... I don't know where his hair has vanished to :wink:

Yamaha's Mike Ketley announces retirement
    by Ronnie Dungan

Yamaha’s UK MD, Mike Ketley, is retiring in March after 32 years with the firm.

Ketley’s Yamaha career started when he left the Hammond Organ company to move to Kemble Pianos in 1981. A year later he took charge of Yamaha’s newly created portable keyboard division as the firm made its first move into the market.

In 1991 he was appointed senior director to the Electronic Keyboard Division taking responsibility for keyboard, organ, Clavinova and Yamaha Music School businesses. He then became director of Yamaha’s acoustic instrument business and was appointed brand manager and director of corporate affairs. In 2010 he became MD.

There’s no word yet on Ketley’s successor, but MI Pro understands the company is looking to promote from within.
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: Yamaha's Mike Ketley Announces Retirement

Postby VinceB » 05 Dec 2012 15:50

I remember him before that Mike, as you well know,- Ketley and I both started with Southern Organs on the same day I believe, years before he went to the Leslie Speaker division of Hammond, (or was it Boosey and Hawkes ?)

Vince
VinceB

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter