2020 What a Year ?

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

2020 What a Year ?

Postby Brian007 » 31 Dec 2020 10:04

Hi ALL

2020 has been a very difficult year for everyone and each of us have had to deal with lots of changes to our life styles whether we liked it or not

I started 2020 off with a Yamaha Modx 6 synth and a Yamaha SX700 arranger and quickly learned that having two Yamaha keyboards was a bad idea as they both had more or less the same voices in them and as Yamaha is so popular with Arranger Keyboard players we are all starting to sound very similar.

So I swapped away my Yamaha synth for a good Fender guitar and an amplifier and some cash ( Guitars where my first instrument I learned to play )

As the locked down continued I had more time for music and slowly found that I was rapidly falling out of love with just playing 60s music on my
Yamaha SX700 arranger and wanted to find a different genre of music and as I started out with a guitar and playing Shadows stuff, Instrumentals
back in the 60s they have always been my favorite type of music, so I started listening to more current instrumental music and discovered that
the only type of instrumental you hear today are Film Scores and whats called Synth Wave which I started to listen to and enjoyed a lot

So I sold my Yamaha SX700 privately and bought a Korg Kross 2 Synth which has a lot of interesting features including a sampler and sounds totally
different to Yamaha , I am currently working towards learning more about Synth-wave and Film and sound track music which is very interesting genre.

I still enjoy sitting down and playing a few of my old favorite 60s songs but not the extent I used to but I suppose after 45 years of playing playing 60s music its time to move on.

So here`s is hoping that 2021 is a lot better for all of us and we can all start and get back to our own normal lives whatever that is

All the best, Brian007

Just in case anyone is wonder what is Synth wave heres a little taster

Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter