Annelies by Wally Z

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

Annelies by Wally Z

Postby Wally Gator » 07 Jan 2018 16:56

Here's one I wrote as a dedication to my Mother and Annelies Marie Frank. My Mother Dorothia was born and raised in Germany and lived through WWII. When I was a kid I asked her what it was like living there during the war. She told me of a few things, and suggested I read the Diary of Anne Frank. The idea to do this song just came to me out of the clear blue sky one day. The lyrics I came up with are taken from quotes in her diary. I tried doing this as a slow ballad and it just wasn't doing it for me. I came across this 60's Guitar Pop Style as I was going through them one by one to see if they would fit. I think Anne would like it being more upbeat than sad and depressing.

Song
https://app.box.com/s/sllhskgkknek1qczbgcu2jxd4aznvr0b

Words and chords
https://app.box.com/s/e5ddoyokukov64f4r1zmfaz6spmbfl32

Do a right-click on each LINK to open in a New Tab. Start the song playing, then nip over to the the other Tab to read the words and see the chords as the song unfolds - Hugh
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Re: Annelies by Wally Z

Postby papadeedee » 08 Jan 2018 11:17

Well done Wally, fine lyrics and melody. :D :D
Brian
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 08 Jan 2018 11:35

Hi Wally,

Great melody, love the 'country' backing .. and the words. As a song writer you're tops! Very well done.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Wally Gator » 08 Jan 2018 16:52

Thank you Brian and Hugh. Much appreciated.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Brian007 » 09 Jan 2018 09:19

Hi WALLY,

A great piece of lyric and songwriting enjoyed it

Brian007 :D
Image Image Image
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Wally Gator » 09 Jan 2018 17:53

Thank you Brian. Thanks for giving it a listen and the nice comment.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby JohnT » 01 Feb 2018 21:15

Hi Wally Enjoyed the whole performance. It must be a lovely feeling to write your own lyrics and produce a song and get compliments. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Westgarth » 01 Feb 2018 21:53

Hi Wally

To me your song says very little but speaks a lot. Let me explain what I mean. My mother was only 14 when the war started and soon had 4 brothers away in the forces who sent plenty of money back to Grandma. She also worked in the Grocers so food rationing wasn't too much of a problem. After the initial bombing ceased she had a glorious time attending a different church dance every night. The priest would always invite the yank soldiers to make up the numbers and she had an absolute ball. Luckily all the family returned home and nobody was hurt.

Compare that with the war for Anne Frank.

Your song says, I know what happened in the past but I made it through, let's forget the past, we're altogether now, let's all move forward together.

It's a great sentiment and a lot of people did this to be able to cope with what they went through.

I don't know if I could be that generous.

Great song.
Regards

Steve
Westgarth
Active Poster

Postby Wally Gator » 02 Feb 2018 01:41

Thank you John T for your nice words.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Wally Gator » 02 Feb 2018 01:49

Westgarth wrote:Hi Wally

To me your song says very little but speaks a lot. Let me explain what I mean. My mother was only 14 when the war started and soon had 4 brothers away in the forces who sent plenty of money back to Grandma. She also worked in the Grocers so food rationing wasn't too much of a problem. After the initial bombing ceased she had a glorious time attending a different church dance every night. The priest would always invite the yank soldiers to make up the numbers and she had an absolute ball. Luckily all the family returned home and nobody was hurt.

Compare that with the war for Anne Frank.

Your song says, I know what happened in the past but I made it through, let's forget the past, we're altogether now, let's all move forward together.

It's a great sentiment and a lot of people did this to be able to cope with what they went through.

I don't know if I could be that generous.

Great song.

Westgarth, not sure I understand what you're saying here. The lyrics were basically taken from quotes in her diary. They aren't quotes but parts of quotes she made. The music for me just seemed to work with the lyrics and our time period. We can all learn from her experience and attitude during very hard times. Many nowadays are so spoiled they wouldn't make it a day in her life. Thank you for your response and thoughts.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances