Instrumental Performances - Comments

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

Instrumental Performances - Comments

Postby Hugh-AR » 16 Jan 2018 03:13

Have you ever recorded something from your keyboard or organ as MP3? If you have, we would love to hear it! Your MP3 must first be put into Box (or one of the other remote 'storage areas') .. and then LINKED to in your post. Instructions for doing this are here:

Do a right-click to open up in a New Tab
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=673&p=31763#p31763

Read both explanations to fully understand how to do this, but basically, once your MP3 is uploaded you have to click on SHARE and 'Copy' the LINK. This is what you have to put in your post.

Click on NEWTOPIC, put the TITLE of your piece in the Subject .. and post away. Click on Preview to see what it will look like, and finally on Submit to post it.

Notes

Where there is a Box LINK to the music, do a 'right-click' to open it up in a New Tab. Otherwise you will be taken away from the page you are viewing and have to click the 'back' button at the top to return to it. By listening to the music on a separate tab you will be able to continue viewing the topic, and even make a comment (click on POSTREPLY at the bottom) while you are still listening to the music.

So what about comments? We would encourage you to leave 'meaningful' comments .. not just a 'token response'. It doesn't have to be an 'epistle'. A few kind words will no doubt encourage the poster to play and record more. But, having said that, comments are welcome but not necessary. And there is no compulsion to comment on other people's posts just because they have commented on yours. What we would really love you to do is to post your music in here for us to listen to! I'm sure many of us feel the way John Miles does about our music:

Music was my first love
    and it will be my last;
    Music of the future
    and music of the past.
    to live without my music
    would be impossible to do;
    But in these times of trouble
    my music sees me through.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Instrumental Performance - Comments

Postby Hugh-AR » 07 Jul 2018 14:18

*Note*

We have introduced extra Boards in the Music Room for two reasons:

1. If you want to find and listen to a particular genre of music, then a dedicated Board will make it easier to find. If I wanted to listen to a vocal, and it was way down somewhere in the Instrumentals Board, how would I find something? Looking at the Subject Lines in Instrumentals how would you even know if any were vocals?

2. When you want to Post some music, don't forget to look at the Categories, and if yours fits one of them then please post it in that Board. You may have to make a choice, as if eg. you have played an Instrumental called Patricia (a girl's name), do you post it in the Theme Board or the Instrumental Board? Your choice.
Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances