Performances

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Performances

Postby JohnT » 23 Jan 2018 19:59

Hi Everyone. Over the last couple of days I have listened to over thirty tunes from Under Paris Skies, and rather than comment on each individual player (some of whom are new to me) I would just use the line from Mr.Grace (Are you being served) You've all done very well. I will continue to listen and comment. JohnT
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Performances

Postby Hugh-AR » 23 Jan 2018 21:30

Hi John,

Glad you have enjoyed listening to all those 'Performances'. I keep saying that the important numbers to watch are the number of views a 'performance' has had, and therefore, indirectly, how many people have listened to it. You being one of them. I hope you will find some of the other topics on this site of interest to you.

I see that you have put another song up, so I shall be rushing over to listen to it. Nice to have you back!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 24 Jan 2018 08:53

Hi John T.

Good to see you taking an interest again, and yes there is a wealth of music, information,
interesting articles and videos here to watch and learn from, so enjoy

Brian007 :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 30 Jan 2018 16:58

Hi Brian Thanks for your comments. It seems we have the same hardy annual. Members viewing posts and not making comments. Just looking at my posts ONE week ago. I have had about 50 views and ONLY 4 comments and I am not the only one to suffer this fate. Did I do the right thing and rejoin. Time will tell. Come on members it only takes a few minutes to give a comment. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 31 Jan 2018 00:23

Hi John,

You say:
Did I do the right thing and rejoin?

Well, yes, you did. This is the best Music Forum around for interesting topics to look at, and music to listen to with meaningful discussions about the music. The only reason I can think of for anyone wanting to leave the Forum is because they no longer find anything that interests them, and they think the music posts are not worth listening to .. and the comments put up are not worth reading. Equally, should Members not even log into the Forum at all, then there is no point in Brian and myself (and others who contribute to the Forum) spending our time researching things and putting things up. It would be like playing to an empty audience.

You then say:
It seems we have the same hardy annual. Members viewing posts and not making comments. Just looking at my posts ONE week ago. I have had about 50 views and ONLY 4 comments and I am not the only one to suffer this fate. Come on members it only takes a few minutes to give a comment.

I had made it quite clear in my post Performances Info - Guidelines what our objectives for the Performance Board are:

Do a right-click to open this topic in a New Tab
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5954

.. and in particular I have said:
Comments are welcome but not necessary. And there is no compulsion to comment on other people's posts just because they have commented on yours. What we would really love you to do is to post your music in here for us to listen to!

I had added this because several Members were saying to me that they couldn't put their music up because they felt they would be obliged to put comments up on every music post that went up, and they didn't have the time (or inclination) to do that. The result of having these new Guidelines? We are now getting other Members posting music.

You also say:
I have had about 50 views and ONLY 4 comments and I am not the only one to suffer this fate.

Well, I think that's brilliant! 50 views! It's the views that are important. As far as I am concerned, a Forum is 'busy' when people are 'looking', not necessarily posting. They will comment and post when they have something specific to say, and have the time to do it. And don't forget, there are Members who don't necessarily log in every day (most of them, I would think). They just log in and take a look as and when they can. Anyway, your post has now had 80 views and 13 Replies.

Out of interest, looking at the STATS, 50 Members have logged in these last two or three days, and 92 have logged in so far this month. That is what I call a busy forum!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter