Forgotten Dreams

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

Forgotten Dreams

Postby ChuckH » 03 Feb 2018 01:30

Forgotten Dreams composed in 1954 by Leroy Anderson, an American composer of short, light concert pieces, many of which were introduced by the Boston Pops Orchestra under the direction of Arthur Fiedler. Here I have played it in a theatre organ style. I came across an old photocopy of the first 2 pages (of 3 pages altogether I think) so I had to guess the ending and returned to the original passage.
Charles

ChuckH
Active Poster

Re: Forgotten Dreams

Postby JohnT » 03 Feb 2018 10:18

Hi Charles. One of my favourites. A lovely morning listen before I get started. Enjoyed your interpretation and use of instruments. Particularly liked the powerful middle section. I never seem to get the ending bit right. Will have to practice more. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby George » 03 Feb 2018 15:14

Hi, Charles,

Well that was lovely I just love the Organ arrangement have not heard it in years well played.

George.
G Turner
George
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 04 Feb 2018 02:17

Charles,

Whilst listening to this very moving piece I felt it needed more than just watching the bar move along the MP3 track on a computer screen. So I have been inspired to create a video of 'dreams' that may have been 'forgotten' and uploaded this to YouTube. If you go back to your original post you will see that I have replaced the Box LINK with the YouTube Video.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 04 Feb 2018 09:36

Hi Charles,

That was a lovely version of that classic tune, liked everything about it, and a good video from Hugh too

Brian007 :D :D
Image Image Image
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby ChuckH » 16 Feb 2018 00:28

I returned home last night from a fortnight in Perth where I did not have access to the internet, so now I am back, thank you all for your comments.

Hugh, you did a wonderful job putting the video together and it really suited the theme of the song. Thanks for doing that.

Charles.
ChuckH
Active Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances