La Verbena De La Paloma

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

La Verbena De La Paloma

Postby ken horton » 06 Feb 2018 20:55

I picked this out of of one of my music books just because it was there but knew nothing about it not being able to speak Spanish !
The music I assume is the main piece on an operetta of 1894 of the same name and I only found that out when I Wikipedia'd it, had I known the translation I would probably not had played it ! The Fair Virgin of La Paloma. as I said to my wife, How was I to know ?

https://app.box.com/s/w2r9mkuc0l034ymr1akr6s5azqmbpfbp
ken horton
Active Poster

Re: La Verbena De La Paloma

Postby JohnT » 07 Feb 2018 07:54

Hi Ken. A lot of us would be in deep trouble with your comments. Liked the style and sounds. Would have liked a bit more. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 07 Feb 2018 09:38

Hi Ken,

Not a tune or women I am familiar with in fact I have never seen her before ?

Nice spanish type of tune , which you played and voiced very well, could do with some spanish type weather over here right now

Brian007 :D :D
Image Image Image
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby ken horton » 07 Feb 2018 10:50

Thank you John and Brian, glad you took it in the right spirit and thanks for your remarks, it was a bit tongue in cheek but I feel sometimes we should make a funny to bring a smile to listeners faces, at least if only to distract from the missed and wrong notes !
ken horton
Active Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 07 Feb 2018 15:55

Ken,

The stereo comes out in this piece beautifully. There is a little 'squash box' on the left, strings playing the melody in the middle, and bits and bobs going on on the right. Very nicely put together.

You seem to have a passion for Spanish ladies. Sorry! Spanish music!

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby ken horton » 08 Feb 2018 00:30

Thanks Hugh, you always find something nice to say, I did not realise all that was happening in my headphones, (Unfortunately headphones are mandatory living in a small two bed roomed bungalow and you do lose some quality this way) also I think that I concentrate on getting to the end of the piece with few mishaps to such an extent I don't always listen to the detail afterwards, so I will take note in future.

I may have told you before but I am reviewing and re recording (very slowly) all my recorded tunes that I think are not up to scratch . it's given me a mammoth task and there are several more latin ones due for treatment on the list but my production is about two tunes a week although I have been known to take several weeks per tune. Ken (H)
ken horton
Active Poster

Postby George » 08 Feb 2018 15:00

Hi, Ken,

Well not one I know but enjoyed it a good arrangement well played.

George.
G Turner
George
Prolific Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances