I can't stop loving you

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

I can't stop loving you

Postby JohnT » 08 Feb 2018 20:31

Hi Everyone Continuing with the love theme from the last one. Played on the Tyros 5 with the style from the music finder. Hope you enjoy your listen.John

https://app.box.com/s/mb849qlngf0dmhdfhfq98np0yommp8q4
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: I can't stop loving you

Postby Brian007 » 08 Feb 2018 21:14

Hi John,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on a first class performance of that number,
good choice of style and the voices you used match the tune exactly, a first class piece of music

Brian007 :D :D
ImageImageImage
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby mikeg » 08 Feb 2018 21:20

Hi John nice version of this popular song I was singing along no dampness or timing probs Best Regards mikeG.
mikeg
Active Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 09 Feb 2018 12:02

John,

You have played that piece just as I like to hear it. Piano playing the melody, and then a really sophisticated 'Tyros 5' saxophone. You are so lucky to have great voices like these to choose from on your Tyros 5. The Style backing was perfect, with a great bass PART. Peter Slack (Peter S) and I were talking about the 'BASS PART' in Styles just yesterday. We both have organs, so have foot pedals to play the bass. It's fine to do that so long as the bass is not too fast eg. a boogie beat .. couldn't keep that up for more than a few bars. But we both reckon that our preferred option is to use the automatic bass as that sounds so much better. The bass moves and slides about, and has those little 'skips' in it, like you would get playing a bass guitar. And that bass part in your Style is perfect for this piece. Couldn't keep that up on the pedals.

I did look on YouTube to see who had sung this very well known song, and found Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison, Engelbert Humperdinck, Jim Reeves, Ray Charles, Phil Collins, Don Gibson & The Jordanaires, Frank Sinatra .. plus a few others that I have never heard of, like Martina McBride, Bryan Adams etc.

The one I remember best is the one by Ray Charles. If you listen to the bass part it is played just 'straight' on a double bass. Not nearly as interesting as the one in John's Style above.

And this version, by Englebert Humperdinck does have that little 'skip' that John had in his Style.

And then there was this version by Paul Huybrechts on the "Chromatic B-griff" Keyboard .. a Tyros with buttons instead of piano keys. This has just a 'straight' bass part. I could easily play this bass line on the pedals of my organ, but that's not the point. The bass with the 'skip' in it is so much more interesting to listen to!

There is a topic on the B-griff Keyboard here:

Do a right-click to open the topic up in a New Tab
viewtopic.php?f=314&t=5920#p38511

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 09 Feb 2018 21:02

Hi Brian Wow what great comments. Thanks a lot. John

Hi Michael Thanks Michael for your comments pleased it was to your liking. I know you will be singing along. Hope you will be there on Monday. Looking forward to your performance. John

Hi Hugh Also many thanks for your comments and input. The style was from the music finder not one I could make. That Paul playing on that keyboard is lovely. I have listened to a few of his. I remember seeing Gerry Dawsey at The Flamingo night club in Darlington one night. Not impressed. The next night he was Engelbert Humperdink and look what happened. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances