Crazy

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

Crazy

Postby Hugh-AR » 15 Feb 2018 00:21

Another one from me. Crazy. No, not me .. that's the name of the song!

Inspired by Julio Iglesias singing it:
Do a right-click to open this up in a New Tab
viewtopic.php?f=314&t=6058#p39321

I have done the same and changed that one chord. This is on the word feeling in the line, "I'm crazy, crazy for feeling so blue". Perfect chord for giving the song a 'lift' at this point.

https://app.box.com/s/0t32u4gop34hmy06cihrooal8dgdxn0j

I have not used a style for the "Intro" and the "Ending" so am playing this with no rhythm or backing, and am playing the pedals myself. Then, when I come in with a Style I am using the A.B.C. with "Fingered Chord". The Bass 'pattern' with the 'skip' I have programmed in myself. Then when the Style changes, I have both programmed in the 'bass pattern', and the 'repeating piano'.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Crazy

Postby ken horton » 15 Feb 2018 00:32

Hallo Hugh, I thought that was very impressive, it sounded as though you had someone in there helping you and would have fooled me had you not explained it to begin with, how you coped with all the changes was superb. Ken (H)
ken horton
Active Poster

Postby Brian007 » 15 Feb 2018 08:49

Hi Hugh,

That was very good I did enjoy listen to your version of that song, you obviously know how to get the very best out of that instrument
and good arrangement and performance.

Brian007 :D :D
ImageImageImage
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 15 Feb 2018 10:08

Thanks Ken and Brian for your comments.

Ken .. I think what you have said in your music uploads must be catching! I listened to my upload of Crazy (several times) and just wasn't happy with the result! It wasn't quite how I had wanted it to sound. For starters, the intro was a bit 'choppy'. This was because I hadn't 'split' the lower keyboard. So I have done that now, and the piano sounds a lot 'cleaner'. And having done that, I have been able to add a few 'piano' bits into the rest of the recording. I think I'm happy with it now!

So I have replaced the previous recording with the new one. You can do this with Box. Just upload the file and keep it with the same file name as before. It shows in your account with v2 or v3 etc. after it .. and the LINK remains the same as before.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 15 Feb 2018 11:13

Hi Hugh. A lovely interpretation of the tune. Liked the sounds particularly the introduction of the piano. The beginning and the ending was a nice change. Pleased you worked on it. Not a nice day Golf course closed again. Allotment wet and flooded just been for compost to make a start when this infection goes. Going out shopping now. Enjoyed my listen. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby George » 16 Feb 2018 16:31

Hi, Hugh,

That's a classic Country oldie enjoyed the arrangement and well played.

George.
G Turner
George
Prolific Poster

Postby Peter S » 17 Feb 2018 08:56

Enjoyed my listen Hugh, good sounds there.
Liked the descending left hand chords, and the ending without the style accompaniment.

Julio is fab, shame we don’t hear from him these days.
Keep the music playing!
Peter S
Active Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances