Unforgettable

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

Unforgettable

Postby ken horton » 03 Jul 2018 02:53

It's good to see the web site up and running again. I've also had a shut down of sorts, one day I switched on and found the keyboard would only deliver a very small volume so I could not use my usual set up of organ plus keyboard combination. not being very knowledgeable on audio systems It took me some time pestering people to find the answer, it seems I needed a proper mixer unit although I had used the same set up on at least three other organs before acquiring a Ringway RS 1000e, it seems I have been very fortunate to get my home made system to work at all ! But why it suddenly stopped working I shall never know.

Meanwhile if I wanted to use the rhythms from the keyboard ( which is why I bought it ) and no longer mix with the organ I was going to have to use the keyboard only so I thought I would try a tune or two, after all that explanation here's my rendition of Unforgettable played just on the Technics KN7000, I hope you enjoy.

https://app.box.com/s/pc6zzlh83t15fkn4ixl84jy68ep81adh Ken (H)
ken horton
Active Poster

Re: Unforgettable

Postby Hugh-AR » 03 Jul 2018 07:45

Ken,

That has come out very well! Like your 'lazy' way of playing it. A good 'stereo' recording too. I think technically this is easily the best one you have done.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 03 Jul 2018 09:20

Hi there Ken,
I enjoyed this fine old number you played it well with voicing to match a pleasant performance my good friend. :D :D :D

Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style.Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years that give me a good grounding cheers.
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 03 Jul 2018 10:00

Hi Ken,

A fine performance of that classic number, well played and voiced and pleased you have managed to get things sorted out

All the best, Brian007 :D :D
ImageImageImage
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby ken horton » 03 Jul 2018 10:32

Thanks for the kind comments Hugh, I did agonize over the backing as I felt that the standard swing or ballad we've all heard before and it took literally days to pick one I thought suitable to a laid back sort of style.

Brianoo7 and JonD Glad I am pleased you liked it, it does give me encouragement to use the keyboard more often although I was never very enthusiastic about them, I think learning in middle age to use two manuals may have something to do with it. Ken
ken horton
Active Poster

Postby JohnT » 06 Jul 2018 16:17

Hi Ken A nice performance of this classic. Some good sounds on the 7000. Must get mine out of the wardrobe and give it a spin. Never recorded on it and do not know how to transfer it the site will have to look it up. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby George » 06 Jul 2018 19:10

Hi, Ken,

Well that's a classic oldie enjoyed the arrangement loved the Sax well played.

George.
G Turner
George
Prolific Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances