Recording on the PSR S970 and S770

Anything to do with Audio recording, look in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Postby dentyr » 04 May 2020 09:05

If the PDF doesn't show, re-fresh the page.
Once showing, click the 'pop-out' arrow in the top right corner of the document to bring it up to full screen (if the pop-out arrow does not show, hover your mouse near the top of the document). You will then have the option to SAVE or PRINT the document. Again, hover your mouse at the top of the document if these options don't appear.

You can also click this LINK to view full screen.
http://www.ar-group.org/Files/Recording%20on%20the%20PSR-S970%20&%20S770.pdf

Den
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: Recording on the PSR S970 and S770

Postby barwonfan » 09 May 2020 02:15

Thank you Dennis. This is a brilliant piece of work. I expect that it took up a fair bit of your time to produce it. It helped me enormously, and I think it has probably helped others. I am hoping that you will put up the next part which you mentioned in your post. I am still floundering. And even though I managed to post one of my songs as an mp3 file on this forum, I haven't been able to do it again. I should also add that I have spent lots of time reading the hand book that came with my PSR 750 and also the handbook that came with my PSR 970 to NO AVAIL. I'm sure the Yamaha people spend hours and hours producing the handbook but they did not make it clear for me. Please, Please rescue this poor soul by doing Part 2. signed a tormented Barwonfan.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Postby dentyr » 10 May 2020 22:49

John,

Continuing with my previous instruction, here's Part 2. How to finally get that MIDI file into an MP3 Audio file.

If the PDF doesn't show, re-fresh the page.
Once showing, click the 'pop-out' arrow in the top right corner of the document to bring it up to full screen (if the pop-out arrow does not show, hover your mouse near the top of the document). You will then have the option to SAVE or PRINT the document. Again, hover your mouse at the top of the document if these options don't appear.

You can also click this LINK to view full screen.
http://www.ar-group.org/Files/MakingAnMP3.pdf

You've read the book! Now go watch the Movie!

Making an MP3 from a MIDI file created on a keyboard.

Den
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Postby barwonfan » 08 May 2021 00:05

Thanks again, Dennis for putting up all that hard work. I had to refer to it again today to find out how to make a midi and I was soooo glad to find it was still up on this wonderful forum. I had, of course. referred to the manual which came with my PSR 970 to find out how to make a midi, but still couldn't do it so, in desperation I looked on the TDP Forum and immediately found out where I had been going wrong [leaving out one vital step] from a much relieved J.T.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Postby mikeg » 08 May 2021 18:40

Hi Den these tutorial are very Helpful Thanks for Postlng Best Regards mikeG.
Keyboard: Tyros 2
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 January; August
mikeg
Super Poster

Revisiting -"Recording from the Yamaha PSR 970

Postby barwonfan » 05 Mar 2022 23:01

Actually, I am NOT revisiting the above posts which were written on 25 February 2019 . I was NOT a member of this Forum at that time, and just discovered them to-day. I was fascinated.They are full of information , and I stand in awe of the amount of time members spend, explaining things to others. Old posts are often a treasure trove, and often, as a result of watching them the penny drops, and I understand something which I had never really understood before. J.T.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Return to Audio Recording