Mixing audio inputs in an organ and a keyboard

Anything to do with Audio recording, look in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Mixing audio inputs in an organ and a keyboard

Postby ken horton » 30 Oct 2015 10:23

I could not find any particular forum that seemed suitable, but I wondered if anyone could answer my basic question......... I have an Orla GT9000DLX2 organ and plan to use a Tecchnics KN7000 keyboard for the backings. I have done this before with other organs and modules, but the KN seems to have a slightly different wiring for audio circuits as it will not mix it's signals through it's aux cicuit
The way out is to use it's headphone outlets, but I wish to know if when inputting the KN's audio output it is possible for the Orla to record this on it's built in MDR through it's own line in sockets ? Thanks for any suggestions received Regards Ken
ken horton
Active Poster

Re: Mixing audio inputs in an organ and a keyboard

Postby ken horton » 30 Oct 2015 16:53

Thanks everyone I have quickly received an answer, it is NO the MDR does not record audio only computer data so it's back to the drawing board to think of a diffeent method.
ken horton
Active Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 31 Oct 2015 14:35

Hi

If both instruments have audio line-out connections, then taking them to a small audio mixer and on to a recording device is perhaps the simplest and most flexible answer.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby ken horton » 05 Dec 2015 12:46

Thank you Tony, I have made up a junction box with RCA sockets so I can connect both units and the computer line in and also a recording device in and out circuits , it looks like an old fashioned post office switchboard , but it does the job ! Ken
ken horton
Active Poster

Return to Audio Recording