What do you get when you cross a Tyros 4 with a Wersi Saturn

General discussions about Yamaha keyboards

Postby Mike Bracchi » 08 Oct 2014 20:20

In Germany there seems to be a craze in modifying Tyros models into sudo-organs ... unlike the TRX which is clearly just two keyboards strung together on a make shift stand, (ok, perhaps that's a bit unkind, but you know what I mean :wink: ), Tyros owners in Germany have developed this 'art form' to perfection and taken it to a new level ... take this 10th anniversary Tyros 4 that has been expertly 'weaved into' an old Wersi Saturn organ console ...the result is truly spectacular - it actually looks like it should be there ... unlike so many I have seen to-date that are just 'strapped' to the top of some other instrument.

This wonderful piece of kit belongs to Andreas Frei who kindly gave me permission to use his photograph for this post.

So come on Tyros owners ... get your saws, chisels and screw-drivers out and get modifying your arranger keyboards. :D

All the best,

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: What do you get when you cross a Tyros 4 with a Wersi Sa

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 09 Oct 2014 08:04

Hi

Interesting looking instrument. Maybe there's the beginnings of resurgence in interest in "home organs" (to use a generalised term) at long last, taking the best of arranger keyboards and adding the flexibility of control possible with multiple manuals & pedals.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: What do you get when you cross a Tyros 4 with a Wersi Sa

Postby LeoP » 09 Oct 2014 12:13

wow that looks pretty neat, i notice there are no pedals present but i suppose that is just a matter of choice, i wonder if the Tyros utilizes the Wersi amplifiers and speaker system, that would be an awesome sound, very interesting mike and thank you Andreas for showing us your super modifications.
LeoP

Return to Yamaha Chit Chat