Chester-le-Street 7/4/2014

Any information/reports about Clubs & Societies in your area, please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Chester-le-Street organ club

Postby Brian007 » 08 Apr 2014 06:51

Went to the organ club at the whitehills club in chester-le-street last night , what a great welcome I received from everyone that was there . I could not have been made more welcome. A great set of Ladies and gentlemen, who were more than willing to offer any advice that you may need, I joined the club and would recommend to anyone who is local to pop in and have a look around and meet the members and have a chat. a good night is assured. Hope to visit the Fence House club next week. Brian :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Chester-le-Street 7/4/2014

Postby JohnT » 08 Apr 2014 07:08

Hi Mike and members. Just a short update. The theme was Big Band Swing. There were twenty members present who brought seven keyboards 2 Korgs. 2 Technics and 3 Yamaha. Sixteen members played a variety of tunes too many to mention. There was a new member present Brian007 and he seemed to enjoy the evening and I am sure he will contribute and get help from the group. Michael (MikeG) sang three great songs which were a fitting tribute to Norman Davis one of our regular members who sadly passed away last week. He will be missed by us all.
Thanks to all who attended to make it a excellent evening. The standard of playing was very good.
The next night is at Fence Houses on the 14th. Clem is bringing his T2. I will be on holiday I am sure you will have a good night. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Chester-le-Street 7/4/2014

Postby mikeg » 09 Apr 2014 19:14

Hi John I agree it was a very good night at Whitehills and nice to hear so many different players giving
thier arrangement of the tunes played .I was very impressed with the sound of Bill,sPAX he seems to
be getting much better Band sounds now .I think it takes a while when changing from yamaha to
korg or any other make of keyboard. Best Regards enjoy your holiday mikeG.
Keyboard: Tyros 2
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 January; August
mikeg
Super Poster

Postby Fred » 10 Apr 2014 10:50

Hi Guys

It's nice to hear that at least one Club is doing well and everyone has a great time on the evenings. It is very rare these days for people to bother to attend.
In some respects it is understandable given the number of Social Club that had Organs in the 60's & 70's. There is little interest in keyboards where I now live in East Anglia. I moved down South in 1969 for work having been brought up in Whitburn.

Hope you all continue to enjoy your get to togethers. Don't drink to much of the Newcastle Brown.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby KRUG » 11 Apr 2014 08:58

I live in Shiney Row just a few miles from Chester le Street and have never heard of this club. I am a member of the North East Organ Society which meets in Birtley where we have some excellent concerts but a dwindling audience.
I would be interested to hear more of this society. Does it have a web page? Is there a secretary or other official I can contact?
KRUG

Postby Mike Bracchi » 11 Apr 2014 09:38

KRUG wrote:I live in Shiney Row just a few miles from Chester le Street and have never heard of this club. I am a member of the North East Organ Society which meets in Birtley where we have some excellent concerts but a dwindling audience.
I would be interested to hear more of this society. Does it have a web page? Is there a secretary or other official I can contact?

Hiya Keith,

As far as I am aware they don't have a website as such ... however, they do have a members group here on the Organ Keyboard Forum ... you can get details from the usergroups tab in your profile page.

If I'm right in thinking that the North East Keyboard Club is under 'Nick Stammers' ... then I understand they may have a reciprocal arrangement with Chester-le-Street ... John Taylor, (JohnT) is the man you should speak to ... you can either leave a post for him or message him through this forum's PM system.

All the best ....

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Postby KRUG » 11 Apr 2014 10:29

Thanks for that Mike. I have emailed John.
KRUG

Postby JohnT » 11 Apr 2014 17:34

Hi Mike. Just to let you know I have telephoned Keith and he will probably attend Fence Houses on Monday. I am on holiday but have contacted organiser to be on the look out and make him welcome. That is the second one who has seen the posting. Hope there maybe a few more out there. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby KRUG » 12 Apr 2014 07:43

I am looking forward to popping along to the Burnside Club on Monday evening. It sounds to be a hands on group which is just what I need to tempt me into getting a keyboard. Thanks to John for the quick reply and warm invitation.

Keith
KRUG

Return to Clubs & Societies