Club Night

Any information/reports about Clubs & Societies in your area, please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Club Night

Postby KRUG » 18 Nov 2014 12:49

The band night yesterday was very enjoyable with a good number of players making a wonderful sound. We must have played for about two hours and had a really good time. Thanks to all who made it such a good night.

Keith
KRUG

Re: Club Night

Postby JohnT » 18 Nov 2014 14:03

Hi Keith. Thanks for the kind comments. Yes it was another enjoyable night. The only down side was the heating was broken and many of us played with coats on. There were 11 members present and 7 brought keyboards. ( 2 Korg 2 Technics and 3 Yamaha ) Thanks to Harry for leading our practice and George, Olive,Jeff. Kenneth, Keith and yours truly for bringing keyboards. As Keith said it lasted over two hours and we played fast to keep warm. I give a short piece of what we played it may jog a few memories and tunes that members have forgotten and may wish to play.
Waltz melody In the twi twi twilight, Down at the old bull and bush, Glorious beer, Three oclock in the morning.
Beguine medley. Sand in my shoes, Yellow Bird, Begin the beguine.
Cole Porter goes Latin. What is this thing called love, Ive got you under my skin, I get a kick out of you.
Cole Porter swing. Anything goes, Easy to love, You do something, Lets do it.
Dancing with Irving Berlin White tie top hat and tails, Lets face the music and dance, Cheek to cheek, Change partners.
There were many more but that is enough to digest.
The next meeting is Monday 1st December and it will be Christmas tunes it will NOT be a band night members will play SOLO. So lets make it a good night. See you all there. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby KRUG » 20 Nov 2014 10:36

I was surprised when reading John's post that he did not mention what was I think the last tune we played and was obviously one of the club favourites. It was the James Last tune Mornings at Seven. I recognised the melody but had never played it and it has been going round my head ever since. The only answer was to record it and pass it on to others so I hope that you enjoy my rendition (with a couple of mistakes) of Mornings at Seven.

https://app.box.com/s/ndvoin0plh1nm5b41nn3

Keith
KRUG

Postby Jon D » 23 Nov 2014 00:09

Hi there Keith,
You made a very good job of this number not an easy one to play well done cheers my good friend. 8) 8) 8)
Jon D. :D :D :D
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Return to Clubs & Societies