Band night 16/2

Any information/reports about Clubs & Societies in your area, please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Band night 16/2

Postby JohnT » 17 Feb 2015 18:48

Hi everyone. Thanks to the five members who attended. Harry, Keith, George and yours truly who brought keyboards, and Stan our audience. We played two hours non stop of some complicated tunes which I think was beneficial to all.
Waltzing with Ivor Novello. Waltz of my heart, love is my reason, I've never been kissed before.
Oldies waltz. In the twi twi twilight, bull and bush, glorious beer, Three o'clock in the morning.
Beguine. Sand in my shoes, yellow bird, begin the beguine.
Cole porter Latin What is this thing called love, I've got you under my skin, I get a kick out of you.
Cole porter swing. Anything goes, Easy to love, You do something to me, Let's do it.
Irving Berlin. White tie top hat and tails, let's face the music, cheek to cheek, change partners

There were many more, but just a small sample to note for members who could not attend.
The next night is Monday 2nd March and the theme is Latin. Hope to see you there. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Band night 16/2

Postby Georgeandmarj » 17 Feb 2015 21:39

Hi all
We gave it some stick,it's a good job Harry kept banging away, it gave us time to catch up and join in again. At least we all started together and finished together, the in between was debatable. It was all good clean fun.

Georgeandmarj
Georgeandmarj
Active Poster

Postby JohnT » 18 Feb 2015 14:40

Hi George. Yes a good night. Some tunes a little fast and somewhat complicated. Perhaps a small change to the format maybe required for some of us who are not up to that standard. A few simpler tunes with a bit of instruction to improve our playing should perhaps be considered for part of the evening. John
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby KRUG » 18 Feb 2015 15:07

A very enjoyable evening but a book with back to front pages in one section did not help keeping up. As John says some easier tunes at a more modest pace might make it easier for us all to keep up and join in.

Keith
KRUG

Postby Brian007 » 18 Feb 2015 17:53

Seem to have heard this before ???

Brian007 :lol: :roll: :lol:
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 18 Feb 2015 19:07

Hi Brian . Not easy to suit everyone. Lots of the players at different stages of playing. Hope we can get a level playing field. John
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Return to Clubs & Societies