Musicmakers club. 7/3/2016

Any information/reports about Clubs & Societies in your area, please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Musicmakers club. 7/3/2016

Postby JohnT » 08 Mar 2016 14:11

Hi Everyone. Just an update regarding last night the theme was Latin America. There were 15 members present and five brought keyboards. Ten members played a variety of cha chas, rhumbas, beguines. I have selected a few tunes which were played.
Lyn. Perfidia, April in Portugal, Stranger in paradise
GeorgeR. Strangers in the night, My Way
George W. Walk on by and Moment to moment.
Harry. Begin the beguine and My cherie amour
Billy. It's impossible and The breeze and I
Clem. Will you still love me and Till
JohnT. Where have all the flowers gone, Arrivaderci Roma
Olive. Lady of Spain. Secret love
Bobby The girl from Ipenema, Meditation
Michael. Played and sang. The winner takes it all, Chattanooga choo choo, Home loving man, Amazing grace,
Thanks Michael a truly excellent performance of vocals and sounds, nice to have you back and hope it continues.
The overall standard of playing seems to be improving.
Thanks to all who attended and brought instruments much appreciated.
The next night is Monday 14/3. I will be bringing my Tyros 4 and Billy his new Yamaha. We will as usual play some tunes but some of the time will be used to help members set up the keyboards re sounds, rthymns, and various programming which will be very useful. So come on members if you have something which will help other members who are not as experienced please come along and give you support. If we don't pass on our knowledge it will be lost forever. Hope to see you there.
John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Musicmakers club. 7/3/2016

Postby Georgeandmarj » 08 Mar 2016 15:12

Hi John
A very enjoyable event ,the time flew by. It was very good to see Michael after a few weeks,he was right on form. We had a very varied programme. Everyone kept to the theme. I look forward to having a go on Bills new toy. Hope to see you all next week.

Georgeandmarj
Georgeandmarj
Active Poster

Re: Musicmakers club. 7/3/2016

Postby mikeg » 09 Mar 2016 18:51

Hi John and George Thanks for your kind comments from the last meeting I hope to attend next week and see Bills new Keyboard.
All my registrations on my usb are from my Tyros 2; but I am pretty sure they will show up on Bills new yamaha they contain voices styles multi pads mich
and vocorder tempo changes and style changes on some songs hope it works out Best Regards to All members mikeG.
Keyboard: Tyros 2
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 January; August
mikeg
Super Poster

Return to Clubs & Societies