Musicmakers club 6/2

Any information/reports about Clubs & Societies in your area, please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Musicmakers club 6/2

Postby JohnT » 07 Feb 2017 07:51

Hi Everyone Just an update re last night. The theme was Ballads, there were ten members present and four brought keyboards. Eight members played a wide variety of tunes.
George R Spanish eyes, Crazy, Coming round the mountain
George W What a feeling, Cry me a river.
Ken H Diamonds are forever, Smile
Olive I only have eyes, On the street where you live, You'll never know
Billy Nobody does it better, Moonlight
Lyn As time goes by, Blue moon, You don't have to say
JohnT Yesterday, And I love you so.
Bobby Feelings, Lady is a tramp, On a clear day.
Thanks to our audience Terry and Brian for giving their support. A good two and a half hours of music and chatter. A special thanks to a former member David who is unable to attend for sending a load of music books for the members which were snapped up.Looking forward to hearing the tunes
The next night is Monday 13/2 and George R is bringing his Technics for a change. So hope to see you there. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Musicmakers club 6/2

Postby mikeg » 07 Feb 2017 19:50

hI john pleased to see the members had a good night and eight playing a nice selectin of songs also thanks to David for giving the music books to members
Best Regards to ALL mikeG.
Keyboard: Tyros 2
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 January; August
mikeg
Super Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 13 Feb 2017 01:54

Sounds fun! Wish I lived closer so I could come along. When our club in Weston started, we used to have evenings like this. I used to play a Yamaha Keyboard (don't remember which, but to the right of the split the keyboard was monophonic) .. and I had a Casio keyboard that just had 'voices' for me to use (no drums or styles). I miss those evenings!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 13 Feb 2017 07:33

Hi Hugh. Thanks for your comments.There are two clubs which have been going for years at different venues. Because of closure of premises we now use the same working mans club. The numbers are dwindling because of the age of members and no new ones coming along. Perhaps we need to advertise, but then if we have too many, members would not get a chance to play a catch twenty two. It is still quite popular and the with about ten and above attending swapping music and ideas they are good nights out for two to three hours.
The nights consist of the first Monday a themed night. E.g. Ballads, waltzes etc., not strictly adhered to.The second is go as you please when a member brings a keyboard and play anything. The third Monday is band night we have five music books our leader plays all the tune and rthymn and we join in with just the tune either left or right hand or both not rhythm. This is a great night.
I wish you were nearer I think you would enjoy it and would be most welcome. Have a nice day. John
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 13 Feb 2017 10:07

Hi John,

Perhaps one day I will be on holiday in your area and then I would certainly come along. Three Mondays in the month (and then one Monday off?) .. that is going some! Our club in Weston meets once a month and we never have a Members' night any more, so I have no idea how many members actually play something .. whether they play an organ or a keyboard. But you have given me an idea. Maybe the people who run our club can find this information out and produce a list of who has what. There is nothing like chatting to someone who plays the same instrument as oneself.

Your evenings sound like an evening we went to when on holiday in Marazion, in Cornwall (we found out about it when we popped into the Pub for a meal). It was called an 'Acoustic night'. Anyone could bring along any instrument they wanted (mostly locals, but some were on holiday); they handed out music (with chords) of what they were going to play .. and then everyone 'did their own thing' to the music. Quite a few guitars (of course!), one had a clarinet, there was a sax, a mouth organ .. and even a singer! They were brilliant, and seemed to gel together as if they had been playing together all their lives. We loved it!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 13 Feb 2017 10:49

Hi Hugh. Best of luck. You never know you maybe able to set something up. John
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby papadeedee » 13 Feb 2017 14:42

Hi John,
Can you not persuade any of the members to post on the forum ?
That would be great. :D :D
Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 13 Feb 2017 17:58

Hi Brian I would but none of them have computers other than the ones who post. Such as Jon D. Will have to buy them one.John
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Return to Clubs & Societies