Bristol Hammond and Electronic Organ Society

Any information/reports about Clubs & Societies in your area, please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Bristol Hammond and Electronic Organ Society

Postby Hugh-AR » 17 Apr 2017 22:47

Hi Ken,

I read somewhere ...

Hi John.
I envy you your club. We have the Bristol Hammond and Electronic Organ Soc. down here. I am a founder member and we are in our 50th year but regretably membership rapidly declining. It seems to attract only pensioners and the inevitable happens. We have an organist ( at considerable cost ) from the circuit, play each month and most members are not players. They just like the organ music. We used to have a members playing night but it declined into oblivion.
Keep up the good work and spread the message Ken

Well well! Is this at Filton? Or is it the club at St. Alban's Church Hall? Bronwyn and I have been to both these clubs in the past, all-be-it a great number of years ago! Mr and Mrs Walters were running the St. Alban's Club when we used to go. Are both these clubs still running?

Do you know when they meet, and what time?

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Bristol Hammond and Electronic Organ Society

Postby kens » 08 May 2017 08:37

Hi!
I have finally got around to reading my messages. Sorry for the delay in responding.
Sadly both Norman and Janet have passed on. From then on the club has declined and is now about 30 strong.
I did fund raising for many years particularly I raised enough to more than cover the free Xmas concerts.
Because of Doreens illness I have not attended for some 2 years now.
Reminiscing , Janet taught me at her home for some time. Problem was she was piano trained and I never did learn chords. Quite a handicap but I get by reading the dots.
regards Ken
Organ: Yamaha EL700
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2023 August (Joint Winner)
kens
Prolific Poster

Return to Clubs & Societies