20 Minutes of Nigel Ogden

Here you will find a series of music videos capturing some of the finest organ music from the worlds greatest players, past and present. Each music video is (approx) 20 minutes in length.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

20 Minutes of Nigel Ogden

Postby Mike Bracchi » 08 Jul 2018 17:17

Some no-nonsense playing from Nigel Ogden at the Hammond Commodore LSI console organ ...

Listen out for Nigel's great arrangement of 'oh I do like to be beside the seaside' ... enjoy :D

Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: 20 Minutes of Nigel Ogden

Postby Hugh-AR » 09 Jul 2018 15:04

Mike,

Thanks for posting this. It is a very, very good 'modern' recording in that it's in full stereo so is a real pleasure to listen to. And the 'hammond sound' is what got me hooked onto organs in the first place.

I have some 'radio headphones' connected to my AR organ so I can listen to AR downloads as I am wandering about the house .. or doing some cooking, or the washing up. With great playing like this I really can't justify sitting at my computer for 20 mins, so will try moving my Laptop over to the headphones and plug them into that to listen if you put up any more like this.

I have seen Nigel Ogden playing the two manual Compton Organ in my home town of Weston-super-Mare. What a great organist! The Compton we have here (which I have played briefly .. when no one was around) has a DC supply, so it must be one of the older ones. There is another Compton in a local church close by, and that is three manual and runs on AC.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to 20 Minute Music Video Series