E.L.O.

This board is for music videos that you have really enjoyed watching. Post anything you come across in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

E.L.O.

Postby Hugh-AR » 11 Jun 2017 09:49

Have always liked this one by the Electric Light Orchestra .. Telephone Line. It has some really interesting 'progressive' chords in it and I reckon it would be a good one to arrange on a keyboard.

And below is Rock 'n Roll is King. I don't reckon you could get anything more lively than this for a Rock & Roll number. No wonder we all went mad in our youth. I remember my Dad saying "Give me Bing Crosby any day".

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: E.L.O.

Postby Peter S » 15 Jul 2017 22:08

ELO are one of my all time favourite groups, bettered in my opinion only by favourite group, The Beatles.

I have always loved 'Telephone Line' but, find it very hard to play, as there are I think 3 or 4 sharps, and some tricky chords. If I go real slow it's not too bad, but it's one of those that you never quite master, but keep coming back to!

Another of theirs that I love is 'Showdown' I had a bit more success playing that one on my AR organ.

Click the orange marker on the Soundcloud LINK below to ‘Play’.

https://soundcloud.com/peter-s-7/showdown-ar100

Keep the music playing!
Organs: Roland AT800; Technics GA3; Technics U60; Yamaha EL90. Keyboards: Korg Pa4X; Technics KN1600.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Peter S
Active Poster

Return to Music Videos Member's Choice