Music Videos from 1950 to 1989

This board is for music videos that you have really enjoyed watching. Post anything you come across in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Music Videos from 1950 to 1989

Postby Hugh-AR » 28 Jun 2017 11:35

A step back into the past, a website with videos from 1950 to 1989. Some are so old that they are in 'black and white'. I suppose it reflects my age when I say I enjoy looking back at some of those pop groups and songs they sang, reminding myself of many songs I had forgotten all about!

Click the LINK below, but just be aware that there is quite a bit of advertising on the site .. and they are looking for donations, so be aware of what you are clicking on.

On their home page they list Popular Music Videos By Year.

Click on any year and a list will come up of the top 100 songs for that year (or fewer for the earlier years), followed by a list of the most popular songs that year.
Click on any song in the list and the video appears ready for you to 'play' it. It's an 'embedded' LINK to YouTube (of course, which is why the site can be FREE to the USER). If you want, you can click on the icon on the video to be able to watch on YouTube itself (and then you will see the comments that have been put up).
It's having the list of all the songs that came out that year that I find so interesting. I know they are all on YouTube, but without that list I wouldn't know what to look for!
When the video has finished (or earlier if you've had enough!) click the 'back button' to return to the list.

The Website (click the below):

http://freeoldiesmusicvideos.com/indexDT.html

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Music Videos from 1950 to 1989

Postby Brian007 » 29 Jun 2017 07:46

Hi Hugh,

Spot on, great link.

Brian007 :D :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 29 Jun 2017 09:59

Thanks for your comment Brian. I thought people (of our age group) would like to take a look. Although I must admit I was not very keen on a lot of the pop music of the day (at the time). I think it's because the quality of the recordings was often not up to much, and the content of the backings was often not very exciting. Look at what a keyboard can do when applied to these same songs. With all the technology we have now we can make some great recordings that are a real pleasure to listen to.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby mikeg » 29 Jun 2017 10:30

Hi Hugh Thanks for providing this link I know most of these songs and lyrics and enjoyed them I began playing popular songs on accordian 1939 Best Regards mikeG.
Keyboard: Tyros 2
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 January; August
mikeg
Super Poster

Return to Music Videos Member's Choice