Frederic Chopin Impromptu No 4 in C Sharp Minor

This board is for music videos that you have really enjoyed watching. Post anything you come across in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Frederic Chopin Impromptu No 4 in C Sharp Minor

Postby Hugh-AR » 01 Apr 2018 20:51

Now, here's a surprise for you. I'm not normally into 'Classical', but I do love the piano, and this piece is played beautifully!
YouTube 'comments':
This is when genius and beauty meet. Love your finger work and touch on this beautiful impromptu! I wished I could have played it so well but I'm glad someone can. Magnifique! tout simplement joué d'une façon magistrale!

Don't know what this last comment says, but I'm sure it's complimentary.

Frederic Chopin Impromptu No 4 in C Sharp Minor, OP 66 Fantasie Impromptu - Valentina Igoshina

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Frederic Chopin Impromptu No 4 in C Sharp Minor

Postby mikeg » 02 Apr 2018 10:55

Hi Hugh that was super performance of this piece, and reminded me how over the years some songwriters use a tiny part of the masters compositions and have a hit
tune .In this case I'm Always Chasing Rainbows recorded by Dick Haymes and others. Best Regards mikeG.
Keyboard: Tyros 2
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 January; August
mikeg
Super Poster

Re: Frederic Chopin Impromptu No 4 in C Sharp Minor

Postby Hugh-AR » 02 Apr 2018 11:14

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your comment. I wouldn't have made the connection between the Chopin piece and "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows". If Chopin had still been alive he would no doubt have taken Judy Garland and others to court for “deliberate plagiarism”.

I have come across this version by Neil Sadaka (one of the better recordings of this song). The comments underneath the video say:
Released on the 1995 album, "Classically Sedaka". Adapted from Fantaisie-Impromptu by Frédéric Chopin. Introduced by the Dolly Sisters in the Broadway show, "Oh Look!". Charles Harrison had a #1 hit with "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows" in 1918. This song has been recorded by hundreds of artists such as Judy Garland, Harry James, Perry Como, Guy Lombardo, Tony Bennett, Henry Burr, Bing Crosby, Benny Goodman, Al Jolson, Frank Sinatra, Tony Martin, Jo Stafford and Johnny Ray.

Written by Harry Carroll and Joseph McCarthy. Neil incorporates more of the original classical piece in this version.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Music Videos Member's Choice