Genos storage

The new Yamaha Genos 'top of the range' Workstation.

Genos storage

Postby DaveOMB33 » 22 Aug 2019 13:06

Hi, I am a few weeks away from getting a Genos as an upgrade to my Tyros3. My question is that my T3 has a hard drive of 250Gb but the Genos seems to have only 58Gb is this correct please.
Cheers
Dave
DaveOMB33

Re: Genos storage

Postby Hugh-AR » 23 Aug 2019 21:23

Hi Dave,

The Genos has a hard disk of 58 Gb. It's called an SSD. SSD stands for Solid State Drive and is the new generation hard disk. It is much faster than a hard disk and has no mechanical parts, only chips.

Eileen is the expert on the Genos. I'm sure she will answer your question and explain how the Genos is used differently to the Tyros.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Eileen » 24 Aug 2019 10:04

Hi Dave,
Genos has solid state memory which works very fast. Believe me 58 Gb will store all you need. Added to this you can install a large capacity USB stick to the underside of the Genos as back up. I use a 64 Gb one. I loaded the content of my Tyros 5 to this USB and then sorted out what I wanted to transfer to the User drive on Genos. Now as I create new things such as Registrations and styles etc I also save to this USB. This way every couple of months I can remove this stick and back up to my computer.
Once you get used to it you will find it a much better system to use.
Over on my forum you will find plenty of information and also registrations to download and try along with many styles.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby DaveOMB33 » 24 Aug 2019 11:52

Many thanks Hugh and massive thank you to Eileen for her prompt answer which alleviates my worry. I have mainly self made midis and some wavs recorded on the T3 which I have backed up on my laptop so as Eileen says I should have more than enough with 58 Gb
Cheers folks
Dave
DaveOMB33

Return to Yamaha Genos Workstation