Recording a chord sequence in Song Creator.

The new Yamaha Genos 'top of the range' Workstation.

Recording a chord sequence in Song Creator.

Postby Hugh-AR » 22 Jan 2018 09:55

There is one thing you could do on a Tyros keyboard that you don't seem to be able to do on the new Genos, and that is to do with recording a chord sequence in Song Creator. On the Genos you can certainly record a chord sequence, but only if you use a preset Genos style. If you modify an existing style in Style Creator and save it as a New Style, or use a Style not on the Genos that you have transferred from a Tyros, the Chord Sequencer will not accept it. It will only accept styles from the Preset or Favourites section. And there is no way of loading non-preset Genos styles into Favourites.

???

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Recording a chord sequence in Song Creator.

Postby Brian007 » 23 Jan 2018 08:00

Hi Hugh,

It was possible on the Tyros but as you say from what I seen and read, its only possible ( at the moment ) to do it
with the original built in styles on the Genos, ?

Now the new Korg models Pa1000 & Pa700 you can actually do it 3 ways,

1/ in the sequencer you can create a full chord sequence ( and from what I have seen its far superior to the Tyros one )

2/ which is totally new on the new model Korgs, it is a on the fly sequencer, you press a button and can play your chords
and it will remember them, and also save it as a songbook entry and can be recalled at any time

3/ if you import a midi file with chord info in it, it will do the same, save the chord progression in songbook
and it can be recalled at anytime

Now thats clever

Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Eileen » 03 Feb 2018 17:24

I don't know many people that use step record on there songs. But don't forget there is an update coming so we must wait and see what it alters or adds.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Brian007 » 04 Feb 2018 08:52

Hi Eileen,

There has been a few posts I have seen lately with reference to the sequencer on the new Genos, and there are a lot of people waiting for the release of any updates to see if it helps them get what they want out their new keyboard, Possibly the problem here is the previous model had this feature and nobody expected it not to be readily available on the new model, so time will tell

Brian007 :D :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Eileen » 07 Feb 2018 17:12

The problem seems to be that they can't record the style part in step record using a third party style but then I am not to Shure if you can do this on Tyros 5. It is something I have never used. I think most of us just sit and play while we record the song.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Return to Yamaha Genos Workstation