Premium Pack "Euro Organ Artist Pack" does not work on Genos

The new Yamaha Genos 'top of the range' Workstation.

Premium Pack "Euro Organ Artist Pack" does not work on Genos

Postby MichaelW » 17 Mar 2018 19:31

Hello everybody,

I would like to give some brief information for the few who may have purchased this pack for their T5 and / or are now interested in the Genos, and issue a warning (see below).

The customer service made the premium pack downloadeble for me. I've been using the pack for a few years on my Tyros 5 and it now "explicitly" recommended in the shop for Genos a I thougt, that Yamaha did meanwhile convert the pack for Genos. Unfortunately, the "new" pack is identical to the pack for the Tyros 5 and therefore still has several severe bugs on Genos:

Already in the YEM the assignment of the pack to the Genos leads to problems, because after the assignment a restart of the YEM often shows a different pack install file size is indicated, even if there wasn't any change of the content.

In addition, the package seems to overwrite the content of other premium packs or other self made packages partially (waves), which is audible after the export to the instrument (see description below).

And it is very unpleasant that after importing the package into the YEM and still before assigning it to the Genos, the YEM doesn't work correctly, and this effect remains even after removing the Euro Organ Artist package from the YEM. This means that the YEM must be emptied completely and then uninstalled, then after a reinstallation there have all other / previous packages imported again.

So: Importing the pack to the YEM alone will cause malfunctioning of the YEM, which will persist even if you remove the pack from the YEM again. So, if any of you would like to try the Euro Organ Artist Pack, make sure to back up your YEM content before.

At least the following errors occurred to me directly in the content of the Euro Organ Artist Pack on my GENOS:

- The voice EuroBossaOrgan sounds in the second highest octave only with a foot position or a completely different wave.
- The Voice RichPercussion has some synth wave in the octave from G3 to F4.
- The Voice EasyPerc has some synth wave in the octave from G2 to F3.
- The Voice ClarinetSolo Has a completely different sound in octave C4 to C5.
- The Voice EuroPopPercussion has its sound deviation from C2 to C3.
- The Voice WarmEuroPercussion has the deviation from G1 to F # 2.
- The Voice PercussionBars has the deviation from C2 to C3.
- For the voices EuroPerc4 and EuroPerc2 & 2/3, the deviations in the octaves are C3 and 1/2 octave higher.
- EuroOrganBell does not work properly from C4 for an octave.
- RichPercussion 5_1 / 3 of course has her absence from F # 3 and the EuroOrganBassGtr from C # 5.

Obviously some of the voices of the Euro Organ Artist Pack are - in different pitches - using internal waves of the T5,and these voices (waves) are not present in Genos or use another address in memory. This must cause the obvious errors in Genos. I also remember that this pack seems to be quite simply overwriting other waves or components of other custom voices or packs in the YEM and making those other packages useless as well after transferring them to genos.

I informed Yamaha about this issue. As soon as / if I learn something more, I will continue to report.
Best regards - Michael

I'm playing on a Yamaha Genos2 with a Viscount Legend (Hammond) Expander and on a Roland V-Accordion.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 November (Joint Winner)
MichaelW
Active Poster

Re: Premium Pack "Euro Organ Artist Pack" does not work on G

Postby Brian007 » 17 Mar 2018 20:31

Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for the heads up on the problems with the pack and the new Genos Keyboard
I think up to now there may only be one active member that has a Genos and I am sure he will see this

Good to hear from you again Michael,

Brian007 :D :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby MichaelW » 18 Mar 2018 15:33

Hello,

I think I found the reason; it is probably two things:

1. The EuroOrganArtist Pack for the T5 in Genos is not compatible with the audio style packs for the T5. I was not able to download the audio styles that were converted for the Genos, because, as usual, these files are not automatically included in my order history. I have already asked Yamaha to provide me with the converted audio styles.

2. Yamaha probably gave me the EuroOrganArtist Pack in the version for the Tyros 5 by mistake.

Now I have to wait and see what changes if I can download all files in Genos format.
Best regards - Michael

I'm playing on a Yamaha Genos2 with a Viscount Legend (Hammond) Expander and on a Roland V-Accordion.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 November (Joint Winner)
MichaelW
Active Poster

Postby Eileen » 23 Mar 2018 15:51

Hi Michael,
When you log in to music soft you must go to Library and there will be the record of all you have purchased. You will then be able to download the Genos update packs. I think most have been done now. I am using the Euro Artist pack for Genos and it is fine.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Return to Yamaha Genos Workstation