Yamaha Tyros 5

The Yamaha Tyros 5 Workstation.

Yamaha Tyros 5

Postby Hugh-AR » 09 Oct 2017 11:44

Yamaha Tyros 5

If you own/play a Tyros 5 please click on POSTREPLY and let us know.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Yamaha Tyros 5

Postby Brian007 » 09 Oct 2017 18:50

Hi ALL,

Yes I have Tyros 5, which I bought from Whitley Bay Organs when it was the original Whitley Bay Organs, run and owned By Edna

Its a great Keyboard and which will hopefully give me many more years of service, one of the things I like about it is the guitars and all the effects

you can add to them by using the DSP effects, here's a video showing a few examples

Brian007 :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 12 Oct 2017 06:58

Hi all,

Heres a little something you can try if you have an Ipad and a Tyros 5 and its free also.

I have tried this and there are a few interesting Registrations avialable but not a huge amount of content, but still worth a look

Yamahas take on the same app

You can get the app from here https://itunes.apple.com/app/repatorifainda/id549361982

Brian007 :D :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby davidbeam » 24 Jul 2018 03:52

Have owned my Tyros 5 for about 2 years and love it. My brother purchased one as well about 6 months ago. Wondering the experience of those who bought the Genos if they previously owned a Tyros 5 - is it really better?
davidbeam

Postby Hugh-AR » 24 Jul 2018 23:50

Hi Dave,

The only two Members in TDP who have a Genos are Eileen and George .. and both previously had a Tyros 5. Their comments about the Genos are here:

http://www.tierce-de-picardie.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=321&t=6530

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby lesh » 06 Mar 2019 19:13

Hi,

I have the Tyros 5, purchased it about 2 years ago, I live in Newbridge South Wales.

I set it up in the spare bedroom ( which I call my space ) and it’s not moved since, I play as often as possible with the exception of Grandchildren Monday and Tuesday’s.

Self taught of 5 years, I’m not very good but enjoy playing the Tyros 5.

Les
Keyboard: Tyros 5
lesh
Active Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 06 Mar 2019 22:35

Hi Lesh,

The Tyros 5 is a great instrument .. so long as you can find your way around it and get it to play the way you want to hear it.

How old are your grandchildren? Maybe keyboard lessons time on Mondays and Tuesdays? When I try to interest my granddaughters in organ/keyboard music I get this:
Thank you for asking Grandad, but I have a hockey match .. and it's not really my thing. But thank you.

The granddaughters are aged 14 and 16 so fair enough, they have other things to do in their lives and must know by now what they like and what they don't like. You could say the same about me. I have got to an age where I know what I like and what I don't like .. and I know what I don't like!

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby lesh » 07 Mar 2019 18:08

Hi Hugh,

I must admit I struggled the first year with the Tyros, learning to navigate around the menu options, creating registrations and learning to read and play music. I’m finding my time has moved more towards playing than sorting voice etc but still find creating registrations for one song can take me Anything from one day to a month sometimes.

As far as the Grandchildren, one 2 years and one 4 years but by 10 o’clock Monday morning I feel like I’ve done a full days shift in work. But do enjoy there company and we have a small toy piano but not much interest in that department, peppy pig and raiding the food store seem to be top of the list.

Regards

Les
lesh
Active Poster

Postby JohnT » 07 Mar 2019 19:07

Hi Hugh and Lesh Likewise we have busy days up at 6.30. To greet sometimes four grandchildren for four days. Then the other day two. Transport to school and pick up at 3.30. Parents collect at five. Nearly time for bed.Then we manage a couple of rounds of golf Tuesday and Thursday. Then the large garden. Almost forgot the allotment to attend too. Nearly ready to put the 200 onions in etc to keep the three families. Not forgetting taking one to foot ball and watching. Not much time for Tyros 5. and organising the keyboard clubs.
Must thank Jon D and pinching his sounds saves me the bother.
Better being busy. All the best. John
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Return to Yamaha Tyros 5 Workstation