Sleighride

Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Sleighride

Postby Ajay » 10 Nov 2017 22:44

Hi all,
Leroy Anderson's Sleighride. This was my first attempt at multi tracking, and was done on a Korg I3 quite a few years ago.
Tony

https://app.box.com/s/4s13wcqlpqqlczjb932je7pv5wiyeyg4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 December (Joint Winner)
2019 July (Joint Winner)
Ajay
Active Poster

Re: Sleighride

Postby Brian007 » 11 Nov 2017 07:47

Hi Tony,

That was a great piece multi-tracked or not it certainly sounded good to me.
I have multi-tracked stuff myself but with the Korg I3 you must have literally started totally from scratch
not for the faint hearted but certainly worth it in the end

All the best Brian007 :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby VAL7JEAN » 11 Nov 2017 09:03

Just brilliant and with a Korg.
VAL7JEAN

Postby Hugh-AR » 11 Nov 2017 09:51

Hi Tony,

I admire people who can multi-track and I always listen for those extra little bits that have been put into the music. We once had a keyboard player staying at our Hotel, and he used to play his keyboard for us in the Hotel Lounge, amplified through my Farfisa. He used to have a band of his own aboard a Cruise Liner. He would do multi-tracking too, and when I asked him how he did it he suggested I have a go (when we were on our own, of course!). So I played a piece using left and right hands. Then he said, "Right. Now add something else in." Well, for the life of me, I couldn't do it as (a) I couldn't think of anything to 'add in', and (b) my hands just wanted to play exactly the same as what I had just played. As if my hands had been programmed by my brain just to play those notes. He took over, and put in at least another three 'layers' of music.

I have come to the conclusion that you have to have the ideas in your head for those extra bits you put in. I am getting better at it now, but only manage one extra 'part' to add in, which I call a 'counter-melody'. Away In A Manger (which I have played in this section) is one such piece where I have done this, and it was all I could do to concentrate on playing that one counter-melody while I was listening to the tune playing back at me.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 14 Nov 2017 15:57

Hi there Tony,
A very nice performance great multi tracking well played and put together my good friend. :) :) :)

Jon D. :D :D :D
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Return to Christmas Carols & Festive Songs 2017