Classical pieces on YouTube

Any recordings you have done that could be described as Classical, please post in here.
Includes pieces one would only loosely call 'Classical' as they depart somewhat from what the composer intended.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Classical pieces on YouTube

Postby Hugh-AR » 04 Dec 2017 19:23

As we have a 'Classical' section now, I reckon we need somewhere to post any YouTube 'classical' clips that we find really inspiring. Here's one I found after doing a 'search' for Brandon Ridenour, mentioned by Charles (ChuckH) in his posting of A Trumpeter's Lullaby.

The below is one of my favourite (classical?) pieces:

Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin.

Anything you are watching that you really like, and consider to be 'Classical' .. please post a REPLY here.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Classical pieces on YouTube

Postby Hugh-AR » 06 Dec 2017 19:13

When I was at University up in Scotland (Dundee) I shared a flat with a Norwegian lad (that goes back a bit!) and he was really keen on Grieg (well, he would be, wouldn't he?). He had this 'vinyl' of Grieg's Piano Concerto which he loved to play, and being a pianist I was hooked. Looking back at it, the recording was only in Mono, but the way it was played was very moving. I have heard several versions of this on YouTube, but none like this one recorded live from Seoul, with the Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra. The pianist is Valentina Lisitsa. What a moving performance!

One of the comments from YouTube:
The Pianist and the orchestra performed Grieg's concerto with the exact interpretation and emotion Grieg wrote the piece. An outstanding pianist.

Listen with headphones, or through a good amplifier with sub-woofer.

I can't imagine anyone saying they don't like classical music once they have listened to this.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Classical pieces on YouTube

Postby mikeg » 06 Dec 2017 20:01

Hi Hugh, That was a superb arrangement by two really outstanding musicians and one of my favourite pieces of music ever Best Regards mikeG ,
Keyboard: Tyros 2
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 January; August
mikeg
Super Poster

Return to Classical Corner