Andante

Any recordings you have done that could be described as Classical, please post in here.
Includes pieces one would only loosely call 'Classical' as they depart somewhat from what the composer intended.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Andante

Postby kens » 30 Mar 2019 19:32

A piece by Tchaikosky. Andante Cantabile. Not everyones taste but I like it. Ken

https://app.box.com/s/9vcf9ywcdrot94ubnw8zwcgezxqclcqd
Organ: Yamaha EL700
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2023 August (Joint Winner)
kens
Prolific Poster

Re: Andante

Postby Hugh-AR » 31 Mar 2019 10:24

Hi Ken,

One I like too. I do like (some) Classical music but unfortunately can't play any of it as I can't 'read the dots' .. and that is the essence of Classical music. It's not just the melody, it's all that goes on with it, and you have got plenty going on here. I suppose what you play depends on what arrangement you have of the music. You couldn't play from a full orchestral score with two hands, so I suppose someone must work out the salient points to bring out for playing on an organ. Or do you do your own 'arrangements' in that you put in what you hear?

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Andante

Postby kens » 05 Apr 2019 10:44

Hi Hugh. I use basic organ music but add bits as I go. Usually just play it as its written then have a think where I can embellish it and play again and again until I am satisfied.. I guess the old composers would tear their hair out at some of the changes I make. Particularly when I add percussion. Ken
Organ: Yamaha EL700
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2023 August (Joint Winner)
kens
Prolific Poster

Return to Classical Corner