Me at the Inauguration ball

Any 'Performances' with Vocals, please post here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Me at the Inauguration ball

Postby PaulaD » 01 Feb 2017 20:41

:D :D
Hi Hugh,
I am posting this Inauguration performance as you requested :lol: Remember do not believe every thing you see :shock: :
best regards
Paula :wink:

PaulaD

Re: me at the Inauguration ball

Postby Hugh-AR » 01 Feb 2017 21:17

Hi Paula,

Loved the way you have played this one. Superb voicing in the backing, and that little bit of 'harmony singing' is just wonderful. I did watch the video of President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania dancing, but to be honest .. I prefer your version of My Way.

With regard to your comment 'Remember, do not believe every thing you see' .. are you trying to tell me that is NOT you singing and playing the keyboard? :?: :( :( :D :D

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 01 Feb 2017 21:31

Thanks Paula. I just loved every minute of the video. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby PaulaD » 02 Feb 2017 12:34

Hugh-AR wrote:Hi Paula,

Loved the way you have played this one. Superb voicing in the backing, and that little bit of 'harmony singing' is just wonderful. I did watch the video of President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania dancing, but to be honest .. I prefer your version of My Way.

With regard to your comment 'Remember, do not believe every thing you see' .. are you trying to tell me that is NOT you singing and playing the keyboard? :?: :( :( :D :D

Hugh

Hi Hugh
I sure thank you again..I am amazed how folks in all country's watch these events
yes I am playing and singing a live show, every one thought I paid big big money for my out fit I was wearing and you have made me admit that I bought it on a clearance rack for $3.00 that is what I meant by don't believe every thing you see :(
Best Regards Paula
PaulaD

Postby Hugh-AR » 02 Feb 2017 13:33

Paula,

Now that you mention it, I can see that this is a 'live' show. Right at the beginning I can see people standing with mobiles/cameras and taking pictures. I didn't see that first time round. I was concentrating on what you were doing (... and your outfit!).

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby PaulaD » 02 Feb 2017 15:10

Hugh-AR wrote:Paula,

Now that you mention it, I can see that this is a 'live' show. Right at the beginning I can see people standing with mobiles/cameras and taking pictures. I didn't see that first time round. I was concentrating on what you were doing (... and your outfit!).

Hugh

what a guy you are Hugh :wink: (I am flattered)
PaulaD

Postby papadeedee » 02 Feb 2017 15:23

Hi Paula,
Well done, very well performed. :D :D
Brian
Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Postby Ray2 » 02 Feb 2017 16:46

Hi Paula, that was really some performance, and that video,i reckon whoever is doing your background work deserves to be president. Great show pet, keep well, cheers,Ray :) :) :)
Ray2

Postby jackoj » 02 Feb 2017 17:53

Hi Paula,
Wonderful production video,clear quality, and the gal preformed very well,enjoyed it immensely mate. TFS ATB. jackoj. 8) :) :) :)
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 January (Joint Winner); February (Joint Winner)
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 03 Feb 2017 00:20

Hi Paula,

You said:

I am amazed how folks in all country's watch these events

I am always amazed at just how much electronics has advanced over the years that enables us to do this. Do you remember those early keyboards we had? Chords to the left of the split and 'monophonic' to the right of the split. So you couldn't play chords with the right hand if you were using a 'Style'. No colour television; no mobiles. And no Broadband .. we all did 'Pay as you go'. And it made your phone line 'engaged' for hours! I was the first person in Weston-super-Mare to do on-line banking (for our Hotel) and got my picture and a write-up in the local paper!

The organ I have (the Yamaha AR) works with files on a floppy disk. A .b00 file (containing the Registrations) and an .evt file containing the 'performance'. When you play it in your organ, first the Registrations are loaded up; and then the organ 'plays'. All the Registration lights change mimicking what you did when you played the piece. It's like one of those 'pianolas', only the keys don't go up and down. Well, I sent one of the pieces I had recorded to a lady friend of mine in London. She was playing the piece through her organ when the doorbell rang. She answered the door, and as she came in her friend asked, "Pat, who is that playing your organ?". "It's Hugh," she said, "from Weston-super-Mare." "Oh", she replied. "I didn't know he was on holiday and had come to visit you." Then went into her Lounge and was amazed to hear the organ playing but nobody sat at it! Couldn't believe her eyes!

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby PaulaD » 03 Feb 2017 00:48

Hugh-AR wrote:Hi Paula,

You said:

I am amazed how folks in all country's watch these events

I am always amazed at just how much electronics has advanced over the years that enables us to do this. Do you remember those early keyboards we had? Chords to the left of the split and 'monophonic' to the right of the split. So you couldn't play chords with the right hand if you were using a 'Style'. No colour television; no mobiles. And no Broadband .. we all did 'Pay as you go'. And it made your phone line 'engaged' for hours! I was the first person in Weston-super-Mare to do on-line banking (for our Hotel) and got my picture and a write-up in the local paper!

The organ I have (the Yamaha AR) works with files on a floppy disk. A .b00 file (containing the Registrations) and an .evt file containing the 'performance'. When you play it in your organ, first the Registrations are loaded up; and then the organ 'plays'. All the Registration lights change mimicking what you did when you played the piece. It's like one of those 'pianolas', only the keys don't go up and down. Well, I sent one of the pieces I had recorded to a lady friend of mine in London. She was playing the piece through her organ when the doorbell rang. She answered the door, and as she came in her friend asked, "Pat, who is that playing your organ?". "It's Hugh," she said, "from Weston-super-Mare." "Oh", she replied. "I didn't know he was on holiday and had come to visit you." Then went into her Lounge and was amazed to hear the organ playing but nobody sat at it! Couldn't believe her eyes!

Hugh

yes and to think we can record music and send it all over the world in seconds,actually watch a war live on T.V the world has become small
I have always had an interest in music but was never able to take lessons or read music,my dad had an old accordion that I would try and play and pick out songs by ear as I do now,I am self taught and learned cords and to pick out a little lead,usually I can hear a song and play it but I am sure the expert players on this forum see I am not an accomplished musician ,I do gig out some and my big event is playing for our county fair they have again hired me for this year
I am not familiar with the organ you recorded on and you sent to your friend in London but I am sure it was quite neat for it's time thanks for the comments :D thanks guy
Regards :D Paula
PaulaD

Postby PaulaD » 03 Feb 2017 00:56

Ray2 wrote:Hi Paula, that was really some performance, and that video,i reckon whoever is doing your background work deserves to be president. Great show pet, keep well, cheers,Ray :) :) :)

Hi Ray
thanks yes my hubby is the video editor and I think as well he should be president ,he sure does nice videos and its lots of fun thanks for your nice comment
Regards
Paula :D
PaulaD

Postby PaulaD » 03 Feb 2017 01:03

Thank you Jacko my long time forum friend for your nice comment I much appreciate you
Paula :D :D :D
PaulaD

Postby PaulaD » 03 Feb 2017 01:05

thank you dear Fred for the kind words regarding my video I appreciate them
Paula :lol: :lol: :wink:
PaulaD

Postby PaulaD » 03 Feb 2017 01:08

Thank you Brian for taking the time to watch and comment on my video you are appreciated :D :) :lol:
Paula
PaulaD

Postby JohnT » 03 Feb 2017 15:06

Hi Paula Enjoyed my watch and listen. Nicely put together and performed. You would think with all that money they would learn to dance. Nearly knocked you over a couple of times. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby PaulaD » 03 Feb 2017 17:14

JohnT wrote:Hi Paula Enjoyed my watch and listen. Nicely put together and performed. You would think with all that money they would learn to dance. Nearly knocked you over a couple of times. John

Hi John
thanks for the comment...yes you are the first one who noticed the danger I was in :roll: I was glad when the performance was over but the applause was worth it ..thanks guy
Paula :D :D
PaulaD

Return to Vocal Performances