Two Tracks played differently.

Any piece that is your own composition, please post in here. Tell us how you went about it!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Two Tracks played differently.

Postby peterwalkerS770 » 13 Nov 2018 10:32

Hi Guys, I have here two Compositions both are the same song played totally different on the Yamaha PSR S770, please enjoy.
For best musical experience, listen with quality headphones.

https://app.box.com/s/ctrgsyuz54slfe18gs6lc0cv50ibzgbq

https://app.box.com/s/j19kiohrq0schlt4wcmttqdeh1tlktxb

Please let me know what you think of them,

I Composed them to be used for Movie Sound Tracks.
peterwalkerS770

Re: Two Tracks played differently.

Postby Brian007 » 13 Nov 2018 11:38

Hi Peter,

Both of them sound very good and are a good compositions of yours, and you certainly know how to get the best out of your keyboard,
My own personal preference is Lovers Battle Theme Part Two don't ask me why but its the one I liked the most.

Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 16 Nov 2018 17:50

Hi Peter,

Very interesting compositions, and very suitable for the soundtrack of a film. I preferred the second one, and I do know why.

There are some lovely and dramatic harmonies coming through your composition, and in the second one I was able to just concentrate on the music. In the first one, the 'drumming' was a distraction and I didn't feel the full impact of the music. But then the titles of your composition do have 'Battle Theme' in them so I suppose the drums do more to conjure up a picture of soldiers marching into battle. A good backing for a 'Les Miserables' type film. I suppose one would have to have the film unfolding in front of you to appreciate the contribution of the drums.

As for the second, I don't picture even a 'Lovers' battle. I picture Autumn and leaves falling off the trees .. and the leaves being blow across the wood by the wind. A great piece of music.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby peterwalkerS770 » 20 Nov 2018 13:13

Thank you Hugh AR, It was something I composed a while back after I watched Gladiator the movie, I did the first one, and the second one I just slowed it down with no backing that had a beat in it.
Thank you commenting always appreciated, Pete.
peterwalkerS770

Return to Own Compositions