Suggestions for future Challenges

Suggestions for future Challenges

Postby Hugh-AR » 14 Oct 2022 09:28

If you have any suggestions for future Challenges, please post here. Click on POSTREPLY and fire away.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Suggestions for future Challenges

Postby barwonfan » 14 Oct 2022 09:32

An idea for one of the Challenges for next Year. How about playing a song about Food.

Also, I always look forward to the first day of a new month. What will the topic for the month's Challenge? I have about 29 days to look through my sheet music collection, and find 3 appropriate songs. Then, do they have a limited number of sharps and flats, and then the frustrating period trying out and discarding suitable styles. It sure takes me out of my comfort zone. But, that is essential for a man my age. J.T.

JT .. we have already had a Challenge about FOOD .. in March this year (2022).

http://www.tierce-de-picardie.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=495&t=10653

JT. You don't have to wait until the first day of the new month to find out what the new Challenge will be. When I post up the WINNER of a month's challenge (ie. after the 21st when Voting has ended) I always say what the next Challenge will be. So that gives you at least another week to hunt something out. Take a look at what I said in the Winner's post for August:

http://www.tierce-de-picardie.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=503&t=11247

So go and check out what I have put up after a Challenge has ended. Hugh (Admin)
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Postby barwonfan » 07 Nov 2022 22:38

Have we done Clothes yet? One good one would be "Donald, where's your trousers"
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 09 Nov 2022 18:12

JT,

Yes, we have done that one .. August 2021. We don't have a problem thinking of Challenges with certain 'words' that appear in the song. I think what we are looking for is something a little more obscure and unusual. Like in January 2020 we had a 'FREE PLAY' piece.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby barwonfan » 27 Jul 2023 01:03

A Sad Song. A Gilbert and Sullivan Song. An Elvis Song. (I thought that it was to play a Jim Reeves Reeves song earlier this year was great) Sinead O'Connor Maybe song based on a poem . Maybe a song which which reminds me of a time in my life..
barwonfan
Super Poster

Postby barwonfan » 27 Mar 2024 10:52

In Australia most news programs begin with a Fanfare. I think by definition a fanfare is a few bars of music designed to set the scene for what is to come. With the news on radio and TV it is usually stirring music to alert listeners to important announcements. Sometimes, a well known song will be played as the guest walks in to be greeted by the programs presenter. If, some members feel that this idea for the monthly Challenge does not appeal, they could be offered the alternative of playing a stirring hymn. I might even have a go at "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic"
J.T.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Return to Info about the Challenge Board