“Community Keyboards” Oldham Community Radio 99.7FM

“Community Keyboards” Oldham Community Radio 99.7FM

Postby Hugh-AR » 22 Sep 2018 22:38

I have had the following from Ian Wolstenholme who says:
Dear Hugh and Brian

As you may know I produce/present “Community Keyboards”, Oldham Community Radio 99.7FM. I wonder if I might be able to include the winning entry to the August (and future) challenge in one of my forthcoming editions of the programme? If this is something which could be considered, all I would need would be the consent of the performer and perhaps a short biography to introduce. Would be great to have your thoughts.

Best wishes,

Ian Wolstenholme

Now that the first 'Challenge' has ended and we have a Winner (actually, four 'Joint' Winners for August) I have contacted Ian again so he can update us as to what happens next. In the meantime, check out "Community Keyboards":

Do a right-click to open this up in a New Tab
http://www.communitykeyboards.com

If you click on the LISTEN page you will find Ian's 'Keyboard Music' (mostly organs) to listen to. Also, if you scroll down you will see that Ian has put a LINK to the Tierce-de-Picardie Forum (bottom left).

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Challenge Winner .. Image
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: “Community Keyboards” Oldham Community Radio 99.7FM

Postby organbroadcaster » 23 Sep 2018 10:40

Hello

Well, I must say how delighted I am to be able to include the winning entry or, in the case of the August Challenge, entries, on my Community Keyboards programme. As is so often the case, being a recorded programme, we have to work at least a month in advance, so this means that - and here we go with dates for the diary - the August winners will be featured in the second of our two November editions which will be broadcast on Oldham Community Radio 99.7FM on Thursday 8th November at 9.02am and repeated Thursday 22nd November at 9.02am. Being a community radio station, our FM signal reaches across much of the Greater Manchester/Cheshire region - but that it!! The good news for everyone else is that the two November editions are uploaded to http://www.communitykeyboards.com a little ahead of that - on Sunday 28th October around 7pm.

Hope you enjoy the programme!

Ian Wolstenholme
Ian Wolstenholme
organbroadcaster
Novice Poster

Postby organbroadcaster » 29 Oct 2018 08:07

Just a quick update - the August Challenge winners are now in the programme. Simply go to

Do a right-click to open this up in a New Tab
http://www.communitykeyboards.com

Ian Wolstenholme
Ian Wolstenholme
organbroadcaster
Novice Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 30 Oct 2018 23:03

Obviously we can't listen to the actual Radio Broadcast as we are not in the Oldham/Manchester/Cheshire area. Hence the Website ian has set up above .. so that anyone anywhere can listen to his broadcasts.

If you click on that LINK above you will see this:

Both Prog 1 and Prog 2 run for nearly an hour and feature mainly 'TheatreOrganists'. Ian interviews a few of them. These are the organists he is featuring .. and notice the list includes Don Wherly, Peter Slack, Hugh Wallington and Eileen Lowry.

The Tierce-de-Picardie August Challenge Winners can be heard in Program 2, starting from 38:30

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Challenge Winner .. Image
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Info about the Challenge Board