Interview on Oldham Community Radio and the TDP Forum

Interview on Oldham Community Radio and the TDP Forum

Postby Hugh-AR » 06 Jul 2020 21:22

Ian Wolstenholme, a TDP Member (organbroadcaster) is producer/presenter of organ/keyboard programmes on Oldham Community Radio (99.7FM). Ian interviewed me asking me questions about the Tierce de Picardie Forum. This interview could only be heard in the Oldham/Manchester area (it is a local, independent radio station), but Ian does an 'on-line' version of his broadcasts called Community Keyboards .. and this is available for anyone anywhere in the world to listen to. So to listen to it (and indeed, to listen to any of Ian's broadcasts as they are all listed here going right back to 2017) go to his on-line versions of his broadcasts, here.

https://anchor.fm/communitykeyboards

The one Ian has put up that has my interview on is 2020 July - Edition 2, and the write-up for this one is:
Welcome to another edition of Community Keyboards featuring all that's best from the King of Instruments in all its guises. Two guests join me this time - MARK THOMPSON and HUGH WALLINGTON. Mark, like many of his colleagues in the music business, has been providing online mini-concerts for his fans and took time out to chat with me from his North-East home via FaceTime audio.

A regular feature on the programme is including the winners of the online Tierce-de-Picardie Keyboard Forum which encourages home keyboard enthusiasts to submit a themed musical entry to the TDP website and following a voting process, the winner is featured on the programme. Hugh Wallington joins me from lockdown to explain the simple process.

We also have music from CAFE MONDIALE and ALEX McALLISTER
To go directly to the interview, click this LINK below. Scroll down a bit when you get there. The interview is in the second half of the programme.
Afterwards, click the back arrow at the top to get back to this page.

The interview finishes with TDP MemberJon Davis (Jon D) playing Running Bear on his Tyros 5. This illustrates something I was commenting on in the interview.

Ian has sent me an MP3 of just the interview and Jon Davis playing, so I shall put that up as an MP3 LINK for people to listen to (anybody who finds our Forum, not just Members) and DOWNLOAD to a computer/tablet or Memory Stick. The MP3 file is too big to send to anyone as an email attachment as it is 23MB, and the largest attachment you can send by email is about 10MB.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Interview on Oldham Community Radio and the TDP Forum

Postby Hugh-AR » 07 Jul 2020 21:26

The MP3 Ian sent me is now available to view/download. It's in the Board Shooting the Breeze and General Chatter.

Click this LINK to go there directly.
Do a right-click to open it up in a New Tab.
http://www.tierce-de-picardie.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=8924

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Interview on Oldham Community Radio and the TDP Forum

Postby mikeg » 08 Jul 2020 19:26

Hi Hugh I have just listened to your discussion with Ian and found it very interesting I also enjoyed Johns version of Running Bear I would like to thank you for your input to T D P Best Regards mikeG.
Keyboard: Tyros 2
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 January; August
mikeg
Super Poster

Return to Info about the Challenge Board