Unchained Melody

Unchained Melody

Postby Hugh-AR » 08 Jul 2018 17:27

To get the ball rolling, here's one from me. Unchained Melody. This was sung by the Righteous Brothers .. although listening to this number onYouTube I can only hear one of them singing it! So to make sure it counts as a 'Duo' piece I will mention that it was also done by Robson & Jerome. Their version is definitely a 'Duet', with some gorgeous harmony.

Played on my AR 80 organ. The 'arpeggio' backing is one I put in to the Style I was using (it's quite easy to replace PARTS in a Style on the AR .. so long asyou know what you aredoing!).

https://app.box.com/s/o8ivm55127qe56i3mq6wu2zf6qxu48cn

Hugh

PS. To put a 'comment' to my entry, just click on POSTREPLY as you would normally do. I'm sure we will get the hang of how all this works eventually!
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Unchained Melody

Postby Brian007 » 08 Jul 2018 17:36

Hi Hugh,

Great minds think alike that`s exactly what I was going to post, never mind plenty more to go at,
That was a very nice version of that classic number which you played and voiced very well and I did enjoy listening to it very much
Cant beat the old ones ,

Brian007 :D :D
ImageImageImage
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 08 Jul 2018 18:14

Hi Hugh. Always like this one and not disappointed with your version. Liked the instruments. A nice easy listen. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 11 Jul 2018 20:56

I mentioned that the 'duo' aspect of my piece is Robson & Jerome. Here is a video of them singing this:

We really do have some brilliant music to listen to these days!

Brian .. I hope you will put your version up as well. We have said that in this Challenge Board it is quite in order to do that.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 16 Jul 2018 16:12

Hello there Hugh,
I have just about caught up with the posts this one was excellent well played and voiced I enjoyed a pleasant listen my good friend. :D :D :D
Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style.Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years that give me a good grounding cheers.
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Return to CHALLENGE - AUGUST 2018