Now this does sound nice - Lowrey Symphony Home Organ

Moderator: andyg

Now this does sound nice - Lowrey Symphony Home Organ

Postby Brian007 » 11 Mar 2018 18:14

Hi All,

Organs are not usually my thing , but this sounds really good

Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: Now this does sound nice

Postby Westgarth » 12 Mar 2018 21:55

Hi Brian

I love watching the Lowrey demonstrations on YouTube. This is right up my street. Loved the organ voices from 22 minutes. Not that keen on the new styles though. How much are these 13 -14 thousand I suppose.

You can arrange a home demonstration of this model. Can you imagine having this delivered to your house! How would they get it in and where would you put it. The demonstrator just finishes playing and the wife walks in! "F*!##**!", "Get that monstrosity out of my living room". It will have to wait until the lottery win and the extension is added to Chez Westgarth I'm afraid. :D :D :D
Regards, Steve
Westgarth
Active Poster

Re: Now this does sound nice

Postby Brian007 » 13 Mar 2018 08:35

Hi Steve,

That's very much how I feel about it, lovely bit of kit, great sounds, looks good , but far to expensive and big for our humble abode, and I am no way a good enough player to justify buying anything like that, while the sounds are great you can get just as good sounds from Kontakt on any reasonably fast desktop PC or laptop and in lots of cases the Ipad too has some superb sound set available now, Its a true players instrument and big investment.

Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Lowrey